Chapter 30 (Extra)

Start from the beginning

He set down his coffee and made a call to her.

A sizzling sound came from the other end, and He Qian's voice, filled with a smile, greeted him.

Xue Xingyi's heart softened, and he asked her, "What are you doing?"

He Qian replied, "We're having a barbecue, and Xiao Liu is here too."

Xue Xingyi made a soft affirmative sound and felt much more at ease. He whispered, "Can we video chat tonight?"

He Qian eagerly agreed, her voice just as warm and genuine as usual.

After hanging up the phone, Xue Xingyi's heart didn't quite settle. Something felt off, so he decided to make a trip to Hongcheng.

One and a half months ago...

When He Qian came out of the interrogation room, it was already dark outside.

The team leader, a man in his thirties, was a Ba, as the situation was very unstable for single Alphas and Omegas. Therefore, the team leader only allowed Bas to take on this role.

Captain Feng checked the transcript, signed it, and handed it over to the intern, waiting for the court to pick it up.

He Qian went to get some water and poured a cup for Captain Feng as well. Trying to sound nonchalant, she said, "The case is almost wrapped up, Master Feng."

With no outsiders present, Captain Feng yawned and slouched in his chair.

During today's arrest mission, Captain Feng's arm had been scratched by an armed criminal. It wasn't a serious injury, but due to the tense situation and the discrepancy between the information they had and the actual events, Captain Feng hadn't been able to seek medical attention promptly.

When a person is in a state of tension, adrenaline levels rise, making it difficult to stop bleeding. Captain Feng's face was still somewhat pale.

He took a sip of water and told He Qian, "You can still smile; that's good. Young people have a different level of physical fitness."

He Qian finished her glass of water and nodded. "Master Feng, are you tired?"

Captain Feng said it was nothing, but weariness was evident on his face.

He Qian said, "You're injured. I'll stay overtime tonight. Later, Xiao Liu and I will take over for Lao Mao's team."

Captain Feng agreed, saying, "Yes, you've already started mentoring an intern. Time flies."

He Qian replied, "Yes."

Captain Feng cautioned, "Be careful out there."

One team had already solved the case and moved into the arrest phase. The main culprit was now in custody, with two minor accomplices still on the run.

One of the minor accomplices' whereabouts had been tracked by the police. Currently, the First and Third Teams were taking turns surveilling a small, unlicensed inn.

Although this minor accomplice was primarily involved in communication, according to the information the police had, he possessed a homemade firearm. Based on the confession of the main suspect, almost everyone in their group had a steel ball gun for self-defense and escape.

Around midnight, He Qian drove to the surveillance location with the intern.

After relieving the two senior officers from the Third Team, He Qian lowered the car's temperature slightly and focused her gaze on the inn's entrance.

Liu, the intern, kept his head down, busy with note-taking.

Every person coming in and out had to be documented.