Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Sixth Middle School was the closest to the Municipal Sports Arena. At 9:30 AM, the school broadcasted a message, saying that they could depart to watch the opening ceremony.

The opening ceremony was actually a cultural performance by the students of Muxi Middle School. Younger students sang, danced, and there were also a few comic skits. It ended with the children's clear voices wishing success to their older siblings in the competitions.

While the opening ceremony was taking place, the principal held a meeting for several Alpha students.

The principal, dressed in formal attire, looked gently at the five students in front of him, then said solemnly, "You are all still children, yet you have taken on such a heavy responsibility! This competition relies on you. I know many of you have multiple events. You have worked hard. After it's over, the headteacher and I will treat you to a meal, so we can all enjoy ourselves!"

He Qian replied, "Principal, there's no need to be polite. It's our duty to bring honor to our school, especially as Alphas, we should shoulder this responsibility."

The camera zoomed in on He Qian, and she smiled as she shook hands with the principal.

Ruanyuer stood just off-camera, trying to stifle her laughter, and whispered to Liu Chang, "Boss, her face looks so stiff, it's making me laugh."

Xue Xingyi, who was standing by, watching He Qian reluctantly perform, also curled his lips into a smile.

The camera then shifted to Ruanyuer, and she immediately put on a serious expression and said, "Yes, Alphas are strong and bear responsibilities. We will carry the expectations of the entire school and strive for excellent results!"

The camera switched to the remaining three.

The three boys faced the camera together and shouted, "Sixth Middle School is the best, and we are the best!"

"Alright."

The principal also regained his normal demeanor, stood up, and patted them on the shoulder. "Good job. The Education Bureau requires every school to have a documentary. It took up your time; now, go and get ready. Do some stretching exercises and don't eat too much at lunch."

They all laughed as they left the principal's office and stretched lazily.

Ruanyuer said, "When I was saying that, I felt like I was still tipsy. I almost got goosebumps all over."

Liu Chang clicked his tongue, "You should thank me. You don't know, when I first arrived, the principal was rehearsing the action and said we should clench our fists and shout 'Go!' when we said the slogan together. It was so embarrassing. I asked the principal to remove that part."

Li Yiming also felt a shiver down his spine, "Terrifying."

He Qian added, "Terrifying."

Ruanyuer suggested, "Boss, shall we go stretch? Although we run the 100 meters in the afternoon, we'll have the 800 meters and 3000 meters right after."

He Qian asked, "Shall we stretch then?"

They all headed to the sports field and began with a slow jog around the track.

Ruanyuer: "When we do the 4x100 relay, who'll be the first runner?"

Liu Chang: "How about we race each other to determine who the two fastest runners are for the first and last legs?"

Li Yiming nodded and stepped out of the four-person lineup.

When they registered, they had discussed and decided to keep one person as the most stable force. This person needed to have a stable mindset, temperament, and excel in all non-intensive sports events. As a result, Li Yiming was designated for high jump, long jump, shot put, and so on.