Chapter 414: Xiao Lingyu Being Reprimanded

Start from the beginning

No wonder Situ Xing came directly to them and told them that Gong Tianhao was sick.

Situ Xing glanced at the Xiao family's expressions, especially the faces of Mother Xiao and Father Xiao.

Situ Xing continued, "Auntie, Grandma, do you know that Boss hasn't eaten or drunk in the past few days? He is very weak. I don't think he can handle a high fever. "If he doesn't receive treatment, at best, his physical condition will deteriorate. At worst, he might turn into a dummy, or even... even die." Situ Xing gritted his teeth and said the last sentence.

"So, I'm here now to ask you to beg you to help us get Boss to receive treatment." Situ Xing cried, "The old master and I are really at our wit's end. Usually, Boss has a good relationship with you, so he might listen to you. So, I want you to persuade him."

After saying this, he raised his wrist, looked at his watch, and said very seriously, "It has been two hours since I found out that the boss has a high fever. If he stays in this state for another one or two hours, he might really become a retard."

"Xiao Lingyu, get out here now!" Mother Xiao suddenly shouted.

The Xiao family members, and Situ Xing, were shocked at first, then they fell silent.

A moment later, Xiao Lingyu dragged her heavy body out.

Her expression was very calm.

However, her eyes were red, and she looked like she had been crying.

However, other than Situ Xing, the Xiao family members did not seem to notice this.

Situ Xing secretly raised his eyebrows and thought to himself, 'She is not a cold-hearted person. There is a misunderstanding between her and Boss. Once this is resolved, they will be happy together.' As soon as Xiao Lingyu came out, Mother Xiao asked sharply, "Xiao Lingyu, is this the result you want?"

"Mother..." Xiao Lingyu called out, wanting to explain.

"Tianhao likes you, so he doted on you and did everything for you. He has done so much for you. Even a stone would be moved, but what about you? How could you be so unfazed?" Mother Xiao was really angered this time. She was furious when she heard Situ Xing say that Xiao Lingyu wasn't going to marry Gong Tianhao.

She really didn't know what to say to her daughter. She had promised to be the man's boyfriend, but she didn't want to marry him. She was clearly playing with his emotions. Even Mother Xiao thought she had gone overboard.

Mother Xiao and the Xiao family had never doubted the truth in Situ Xing's words.

Little did they know that his words were half true and half false.

Xiao Lingyu never considered marrying Gong Tianhao now, but it didn't mean that she wouldn't consider it in the future.

Mother Xiao said, "Xiao Lingyu, what is it that you don't like about Gong Tianhao? Why are you torturing him like this? Gong Tianhao is such a good child, yet you are tormenting him. Does your conscience not hurt?"

Mother Xiao didn't protect Xiao Lingyu because she was her daughter.

Xiao Lingyu's eyes were filled with tears, and there was deep pain in her eyes. The corners of her mouth were trembling, and she opened her mouth as if she wanted to say something but stopped.

Mother Xiao continued to scold her sharply, "Xiao Lingyu, since you don't like Gong Tianhao, why did you agree to be his girlfriend? Since you agreed to be his girlfriend, why won't you marry him?" Xiao Lingyu covered her face as tears continued to fall to the ground. She shook her head and wanted to deny it, but her throat seemed to be blocked. Her voice was extremely soft and could not be heard as Mother Xiao continued to scold her.