bleeding me dry like a goddamn vampire [K.Bishop]

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"More like punched around," she says with a small chuckle.

"That's not funny." Despite your words, a noticeable smile spreads along your face.

Kate's eyes trail down your face and hone in on your lips. The sudden attention makes you subconsciously lick your lips and a slightly metallic taste fills your mouth. You assume the look on her face is due to her concern over you until you notice the way her pupils dilate as blood gathers on your bottom lip.

"Um...Kate? Are you okay?"

Your voice seems to bring her back to the present moment. She leans back a little before she speaks again. "Yeah, we should probably get out of here."

You hear her words but your gaze is glued right to her mouth and the two protruding teeth you're pretty sure you've never seen before. For a second, you think you're imagining things but it's practically impossible to deny what you're seeing with the way the light bounces off of her teeth.

You had always thought Kate was hiding something. Something that ran deeper than her long list of ex-lovers or weird schedules. But the place your mind is going to right now seems far too illogical. Superheroes, aliens, even the damn multiverse, everything else seemed much more plausible than vampires.

And yet, the proof is staring right at you with caring blue eyes and a nervous smile that tells you you're both thinking about the same thing.

"I can explain," she assures you before extending her hand out for you to take. "But you're gonna have to come with me."

"You're insane."

She shrugs, not at all phased by your comment. "Maybe a little...I promise I won't bite."

You don't know whether to laugh at her joke or slap that look off her face for having the audacity to make it in the first place. Ultimately, your trust in her wins out and you reach for her hand. It's just one small choice but you have a feeling it's going to change everything between the two of you.

She starts to lead you toward her car, ignoring your protests like a real gentleman. You weren't going to act like you had never imagined Kate taking you back to her apartment but you had imagined it under different, significantly sexier, circumstances.

You get into her car and ignore the way your heart is pounding in your chest. You tell yourself it's only due to the leftover adrenaline from being attacked but you know it has more to do with the overwhelming smell of the archer than anything else.

A few minutes of silence pass before you work up the courage to start a conversation...even though you know you're not going to like any of the answers you're searching for. "What do you think that guy wanted?"

"What guy?" Kate's eyes remain glued to the road ahead, not giving you a chance to decipher the look on her face. "The one who tried to mug you?"

"He wasn't trying to mug me, he was looking for you."

You notice the way her jaw clenches even with the darkness that envelops the car. "Looking for me? What are you talking about?"

"Kate, don't play stupid with me. You can't possibly think he broke into a highly secured parking lot just to mug the first random secretary he saw." Her silence is enough of an answer. "So, who is he and what does he want with you?"

"I can't tell you that. It'll only put you in more danger."

"More danger than that?"

"Yes." You're sure you've never heard her sound so serious before. "Believe it or not, you finding out about this wasn't in my plans."

starving [hailee steinfeld one-shots]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें