Chapter 1: 𝓘𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓭..

Alright I am guessing you want a bullshit introduction right? That's what y'all get in these types of stories right? Yea not in this one. This is a different story. It's about my life and how it got better? But I guess you want the intro don't you..? Ugh you guys are stubborn..Alright let's start this from the beginning then..

There I was staring at my mother's grave..it was horrific to look at. The night she died will haunt me til the very end. My father abused her to death and if I didn't call the cops sooner I would've been next. My mother was a sweet woman who cared for others even if others didn't return the same care towards her, that's what she taught me to be and I will always be that way just for her.

Since I don't have any parental guardian watching me over here in New Jersey, I voted to stay with my Aunt in Brooklyn, New York City for the rest of my life. So many memories from New York..I remember him. I doubted he remembered me back..plus I moved away a long time ago.

"Lilith? Dear, are you alright?"

I turn to see my aunt standing behind me, with her hand on my shoulder and a worried look. She cares for me, I mustn't lie and give her an unhonest answer, that would make me dishonest and untrustworthy of my word to my mother.
"I am alright, I guess..I'm still a little shaken up about her death. Yet, I'll be strong for her and move on like she wants me too. Like you said, she's watching over me, isn't she?"

I watched my Aunt nod in agreement of what I previously stated. She gave me a slight side hug, and held my hand. I always wonder what goes through her mind when she knows her sister just died not even two days ago..

"Well, we should get you packing as of right now. We have a long drive ahead of us in the morning, and I would rather pack now than later, if that makes sense"

"Yes it does I understand. Frankly, I just want to leave here and forget what has happened as of right now. The more I stare at her grave, the more memories come back.."
I glanced at my mother's grave one last time. It was fresh and new, not a single speck of growing vines or dirt on it. It had "Marian Greeves" graved on it. Her name. That was her name. That was also my last name. Greeves. That's me, Lilith Greeves. I am her daughter, and I won't fail to lead her success in life. That is my goal, I won't fail her. I will not. I promised her.

We made it back to the house I once lived in as a child to now. I am 17 years old, I could live by myself if I really wanted to..but I don't want to be alone so that's off the market for now. Once I walked into the house, a hit wave of trauma hit my face immediately. I remembered everything that happened..my mother was on the floor pleading and crying for help while my father did not stop his hitting. I sat there and watched the whole thing, not in the same room but from my room, I did. I wanted to help her, I did..but I wouldn't have lived if I did and I don't think my mother would want her only daughter to have my blood on my father's hands. She was brave enough to take the fall, I was not.

I grabbed a few boxes from the truck outside and headed to my room to pack my stuff. There were so many cherished memories in my room that I have made with my mother. There are frames filled of pictures of her and me, smiling and laughing. Oh I miss those days. I really do. Sometimes you can't go back into the past, it's the way of life..

I was almost finished packing when an old photo dropped out of my scrapbook. I slowly put down the box I was holding and bent down to pick it up. Once I picked it up, I examined it. A guy who looks very recognizable..Braids look good on him, I will admit, haha. I looked on the back of the photo, there were words printed on it. 'Miles and Lilith best friends for ever'. Ah, that's why he looked familiar, Miles Morales. A guy I became friends with when I was in New York City visiting my Aunt for two weeks. I wonder if there is a slight chance of me seeing him again..since I'm going back for good this time.

Aunt and I are now on the road to New York. I will miss New Jersey, I shared so many memories here in this place but New York is my new home and I have to live with it. I look out the window watching the kids come back home from their various adventures ready to tell their parents on what they saw or they what they did. I wish I can be like those kids but I can't. My aunt told me once we get to New York, she would sign me to an academy there. It's like Highschool but more private and all the smart kids are there. Apparently that school has dorms and you can live there while still being at school, but on weekends you can go home. That sounds nice to be honest, but she told me the downside..I have a wear a uniform. I'm not really fond of uniforms..especially skirts that are really short. I guess I'll have to buy a pair of leggings with that. My aunt told me the name of this academy, Brook Visions Academy. Sounds like a school for kids who have high IQ's. Anyway, I look out the window and I see we have arrived in New York. It didn't really take long, New Jersey is not that far from New York. Well then..

This is the start of my new journey..

———————

Well this is the first chapter of my book.
Background info:
Lilith Greeves, a 17 year old she/they, who lost her mother because of her father.
She knows of Miles Morales but barely remembers him.
This was literally 1084 words 😭