[𝑆1 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9] ᴀɴɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇғᴛ ᴀᴜᴛᴏ

Depuis le début

"This is Bessie's History. Before touching a snail's reins, you gotta know them. Feel their heartbeat next to yours and become one." He explained.

"HopPop, it's just a vehicle. We had a family car back home. It's no biggie." HopPop then throws the book at her

"Oof!" Anne catches the book.

"Don't care. You can't drive Bessie, unless you read this cover to cover. And that's final." HopPop puts his hands on his waist.

"Are there pictures?" Anne asked him.

HopPop smiles at her. "There are diagrams."

Anne shouted 'Nooo' while still holding the book as HopPop and Sprig both stare at her.

"Dramatic much? Now if you'll excuse me, Polly's due for a wash." HopPop picks up a dirty Polly from a mud puddle then walks away.

"No, no. Wait. No! I'll just get dirty again. You can't stop me! I learned this from watching you, Anne!"

The door opened revealing to be Y/n as she witnessed HopPop carrying Polly into the house.

"Glad it isn't my turn washing her." Y/n closed the door as she heads towards Anne and Sprig.

"So how'd it go?" Y/n asked Anne once she got closer to them.

"He wanted me to read this book! Ugh. I'll be old before I finish reading this thing."

Y/n takes a look at the book as she smiles remembering how her heart melted when she reads it.

"Yeah, page five is as far as I got. Too much description, not enough plot." Sprig who was playing with a fly said.

"Sprig you have a very low attention spam. I'll just be surprise that you even finished that book or have read half of it." Y/n told her brother.

Sprig can be seen chasing a butterfly as he attempts to catch it. Anne sighs while flipping the pages quite fast.

"This is ridiculous. I don't need history." She puts the book in Bessie's bag and jumps onto her.

"I need experience. Hey. What do you say we take a harmless test-drive? Prove to HopPop we're fast learners?" Anne stretches her arm for Sprig to take.

Sprig was about to take her hand, but then stopped as Y/n puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Anne it'll be too risky..." Y/n said worriedly.

"Ugh, c'mon Y/n don't be a buzz kill. It'll be fine and plus you'll be there with us." Anne smiles at her but Y/n was still being unsure.

"And Do you get the feeling this is one of those decisions we'll look back on and say, Ooh-boy, we probably shouldn't have done that?" Sprig asked both girls.

Anne looks at him "♪ We'll get Swamp Slushies while we're out. ♪" The brunette said in a sing-song kind of voice.

Sprig's eyes widened as he immediately jumps onto Bessie. "No regrets!"

"That's what I like to hear." Anne looks back as Y/n.

"I'm sorry but I do not approve this kind of actions. You'll get yourself into huge trouble for this! And you'll even harm an innocent snail in the process." Y/n warned them.

Anne and Sprig looks at each other before sighing not wanting to make Y/n angrier. The both got off the snail's back.

"Fine and you do got a point there." Anne pointed a finger.

"Yeah let's just go do our boring old chores." Sprig picks up a shovel.

Y/n smiles at them before heading out to finish her own chores.