Love, Regret, and Second Chances

CLIFF'S POV

CLIFF'S POV

I went downstairs to see if Lamarques had already left . I honestly felt bad about everything , but he also said somethings as well that has me second guessing his feelings about me.

"Clifford you're wrong and you know it!" Ernestine yelled from the living room.

"Grandmuva you don't even know what the hell is going on."

"Niggah these are walls are as thin as paper and yall yelling like y'all crazy, But you right an old bitch might not know what's going on but I do know that , that boy is a good man and you pushing him away for someone that's temporary!"

I was speechless because how did she know it was another person? Ernestine might be blind, but she's not dumb! But she sure is nosy as hell!

"There is no one else grandmuva ! How bout You just stay up out my business!"

"And you stay up out them sheet unless it's with lil murda ! Ya hear?"

I just went back upstairs to continue getting dress ! I'll just have to figure this shit out later !

KEYSHAWN'S POV

I sat on the cold, hard bunk cramped in this jail cell, my mind racing with a mix of anger, frustration, and concern for my two children. The past week had felt like an eternity, and i couldn't help but keep replaying the whole situation that happened.

My thoughts were interrupted by the harsh sound of the cell door creaking open. I glanced up to see an officer approaching, a guard accompanying him. My heart sank as i realized they were probably here to transfer me to a new cellblock.

"Keyshawn Harris?" the officer asked, his voice laced with authority.

"That's me." I nervously responded