011. Family before all

Începe de la început

"Yes." Nodded Allison, taking the letter.

"I want you to know. . .she asked me to read it. I told her I shouldn't, that it was private between the two of you. But, she wanted my thoughts. As I said before, I don't know what you're going through. I wasn't close to my own mother. But, reading this made me sorry I hadn't tried to be. Because if this were my mother, if these words were written for me, I don't know how I could sit still until someone paid for her death. Any pity I'd have for Derek and his pack would be burned out by a white – hot desire for retribution – a kind of blood and destruction that would have Derek and his wolves howling, not for mercy, but for their own sweet deaths."

💥⚡️💌

As Allison read the letter, Skylar hovered behind her shoulder, reading. Like a devil that sits on your shoulder, the blonde muttered words of encouragement about killing Derek Hale to Allison.

She sat on Allison's bed whilst the brunette burned the letter, staring into the small flames. Could Allison have a taste for arson too or was she looking into it too much?

She jumped when Allison started to shove things off her desk and into her small bin.

Skylar raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. Instead, she continued to watch how Allison tore every little Alison-like decoration off her walls and windows.

It wasn't long after that the room had no traces of Allison left.

Said brunette girl walked back into her bedroom, holding a bunch of arrows and a case full of arrowheads.

Skylar smiled, knowing hers and Gerard's words got to her cousin.

"I understand everything you've done. I understand it."

Skylar chuckled at Allison and shook her head. "No. You don't, but you're one step closer."

💥⚡️💌

Chris reloaded his gun and Allison lifted her phone, showing him, Gerard and Skylar a text from an unknown number.

Chris took the device. "He wants the Bestiary?"
Allison shook her head. "That's not from Scott. He wouldn't have texted me, and he definitely wouldn't have mentioned Derek."

"The Sheriff's station?" Hummed Gerard in confusion.

"If Derek's really there, I doubt it's willingly."

Skylar scoffed. "Oh, please. There's really no need to defend the hairy human."

A small smile lifted Allison's lips as her cousin spat the words out like they were venom. "You think Jackson's there, too?"

"Maybe. Maybe him and the one controlling him."

Skylar grabbed a gun of the desk in front of her and stuffed it into her jacket pocket. "The puppet is nothing without the puppeteer."
Gerard placed a map of the sherrifs station onto the basement table. "How many do they keep on in a night shift?"

Chris shrugged. "Since budget cuts, maybe four at the most. My guess would be they're either dead or paralyzed by now."

Skylar laughed maniacly. "I hope dead. This might just be the confluence of events we've been waiting for.