"I am so sorry my babies, I will be better." I mutter, driving once more and being super super careful.

When I pull into Ron and I'd driveway, I get a little nervous. What if he doesn't want dogs? No way I am returning them now, so he doesn't really have a choice. Should I have asked him? Probably.

I wanted to surprise him, and I was scared he would say no.

Honestly, though, if he doesn't like them that is a red flag.

"Be cute." I tell Molly and Lucy, getting their leashes and stepping out of the car with them. They yank me forward slightly, but I manage to control them by my side.

Ron and I moved into the house just a week ago, and managed to completely unpack and settle in quite nicely.

It is Sunday, so he doesn't have any work today, and I know he is home.

I sneak inside and hide Molly and Lucy in the laundry room, deciding to go and speak with Ron before unleashing them on him. "I will be back girls, don't eat anything." I instruct the two dogs who are just sitting and staring at me with their huge brown eyes.

Ugh gorgeous puppies.

I walk into the kitchen to see Ron eating lunch at the counter. He looks up at me when I enter, his eyes looking me up and down and he puts his sandwich down.

"What did you do?"

I scoff, "What makes you sure I did something?"

His eyes scan me slowly, "Did you get a fucking dog?!" He says to me, making my eyes widen with surprise at how quickly he reached that conclusion.

"Um...." I trail off, making him stand up and come over to me. "No." I say.

"No?" He says, "Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying. I didn't get a dog." I emphasize the 'a'.

"The fuck does that mean?"

I try to give him a smile, "I got...two dogs!" I exclaim, trying to read his facial expressions. Blank. No excitement, but most importantly no disapproval. "Stay here." I tell him, running down the hall to open the laundry room door. Within seconds two cutie pies run out and charge towards Aaron.

"Meet Lucy and Molly." I say, kneeling to pet the dogs and get them away from Ron since Molly jumped up at him and made a mark on his nice pants. Hopefully he doesn't notice, or care.

"You didn't think to ask me?"

"I did think about it....but I figured if I don't ask you can't say no." I say honestly. He sighs, then squats down and is attacked by the dogs like I had been.

"They need to be fucking trained." He mutters as he sits up and pets Molly's head. "I will." I agree, "Do you like them?" I ask him.

He looks at the dogs for a second. Molly stands and wiggles her torso with excitement, and Lucy is sitting with her mouth open, her tail wagging on the floor.

"They're nice."

A smile covers my face, "Oh my gosh you love them!" I squeal, giving him a hug. We are on the floor so it's a little awkward, but whatever. He wraps his arm around my waist and hugs me back.

"See, I told you Dad would like you two." I say to the dogs after our hug. Aaron raises an eyebrow, "Dad?"

I nod, "Well do you want me to call you Uncle or something? What about brother?"

"Fuck no. Dad is fine."

"Daddy?" I wink at him, and he frowns, "Stop that."

"Maybe I will call you that later." He just gives me a look and I burst out laughing. "Alright let's take them to the backyard and let them run around." I stand up, dusting dog hair off of my pants. I figure that's how Ron knew I got a dog, since I am pretty much completely coated in it.

"I have dog toys." I say, opening a cabinet in the kitchen and unveiling an Amazon box full of toys.

"Oh so you had planned on getting dogs?" Ron questions. I nod, "Lucy was planned, I didn't know she had a sister, but of course I took them both anyway."

"Of course." Ron mutters under his breath, walking over to me. "You love them don't deny it."

He shrugs, taking a frisbee out of the box. "They better be athletic." He leads them outside to the yard. I follow, and we end up spending hours outside just throwing the frisbee to them and watching them race to it and try and catch it. Lucy is more athletic than Molly, who just trots after her sister and tries to playfully bite Lucy's legs.

Ron laughs when Lucy misses the frisbee and flops on her back, and I am so grateful he likes them. He is the best.

"Now I have others in this house to hang out with besides just you" I tease, earning me a light smack in the back of my head.

"Did you just hit me?" I feign a sad face, and he just glares at me, fully aware of the angle I am playing at. "Yep." He says, turning his attention to the dogs. I make a face, "Little jerk" I tackle him, not thinking it through because the dogs jump onto us.

I immediately try to cover my face, the dogs licking and biting anything they have access to. When we finally fight them off and get to our feet to get off their eye level, I am extremely out of breath.

And I give Ron a light smack on his arm. He just rolls his eyes, and I randomly just charge him and engulf him into a hug for no reason besides wanting to.

He wraps his arms around me, reciprocating the hug and I lean my head on his chest. I tilt my head up at him and give him a smile, "You really like the puppies?"

He nods slightly, leaning his head down to plant a kiss on the top of mine. "I love them," he says.

1706 words