"What is your dream?" He asks, leaning his arms against the table so he's closer to his former love. It astounds him how much she's changed, she used to be this vulnerable and dependent girl but now, she was confident and independent. It makes him feel less awful about the situation that happened almost six years ago - but not by much. When he notices the smallest of shrugs he decides to drop the topic.

The two stay silent for a moment, Matt letting his eyes swipe over Monica. She feels the weight of his gaze but refuses to meet them. She felt a bit foolish for not really knowing what her dream was. All that was really on her mind was being the best mother she could be for Jake.

"Why did you leave?" She asks, after two minutes of silence. She couldn't hold the question in anymore, it was the first question that popped into her mind the minute she saw him again. The man that had more defined features, darker hair and a smile that stayed the same since their first interaction.

His eyes fall to the table as he speaks. "I was being laid off work. I was going to tell you the next morning, how money was going to be tight for us since your business was barely taking off. But then you told me that night and I knew in that minute that I wouldn't be able to help you financially... you deserved so much better than the man I was back then." He gulps. "The guy who didn't have a clue in the world, the one who was jobless, who didn't have a path ahead of himself, who was a wreck after losing his Father - his best friend... I just thought it'd be easier if you didn't have to deal with a screw up."

"I..." Monica's words get lost, not knowing exactly what to do with the information he's given her. "You could've told me. The second I told you, you could've told me everything and had spared those moments of complete despair I had after you left... Matt, we could've gotten help from Jeff and maybe my parents would've have been more supportive if you were by my side. Everything that you had put Jake and I through, it could've been avoided."

"Jake?" His eyes went up to meet her watery eyes the minute she said the name. He puts a hand to his mouth, feeling a bit teary himself. "You named him after my Father?"

"Jacob Riley," she says softly watching a small smile tug at his lips.

Riley was the name he told her would be their first child's name (of course when he had said that he had a stable job). He reaches across the table and grasps her hand, a familiar touch to both of them. "I'm sorry for the horrid mistake I made. If I could take it back, I would."

"I know you would," she replies placing her hand over his. She smiles when she says, "but things happen for a reason. And though it was gut-wrenching when you left, I wouldn't change it. I've become this woman who takes no crap from anyone, and I've met incredible people along the way."

"I'm happy to hear that, Mon." It was now his turn to ask the question hanging from his lips. "Can I meet him?"

Her smile widens. "I think he'd love that very much."

The two stayed at the café for another hour just talking about everything and nothing, sharing laughs and smiles. The topic of Danny and Harper even came up, making Matt laugh and say that they're now married to which Monica mumbled a 'called it'. (Matt found it hilarious that the two matchmakers ended up being a match for each other.) Monica received their numbers and promised to make plans with them soon. Matt even asked about Jeff and if she'd made up with her parents. He felt bad that they lied to her but thankful at the same time, her parents had helped him get his life together again and he told them everything that went down, saying they should make amends with their daughter before it's too late.

"This has been nice," the twenty-eight year old mother says while getting out of the booth. Matt does the same and spreads his arms out, expecting Monica to step into his embrace. Which she does, smelling that familiar cologne he seemed to still be obsessed with and realizing how his hugs still felt all the same (maybe a bit more tighter since he seems to have worked out). He presses a kiss to her forehead once they break apart. "Are you ready to meet your son?"