Chapter Two: Fencing Match

Talia's P.O.V
It becomes the end of the school day at 3:00 when there's Fencing practice. I'm practicing fighting with Xaviar Thorpe. We aren't friends at all by the way. There's this new girl who's name is Wednesday Addams and today was her first day here. I didn't introduce myself to her because I hate interacting with new people. Plus I hate interacting with new students.  

             Several seconds later, I notice him stop and he takes off his helmet when the new girl, named Wednesday Addams walks in. She's wearing all black. Woah... that's new. I just stare back at Xaviar as he stares at her. What's up with him? However, I notice Wednesday looks at me as if she's suprised to see me here. She doesn't look at  Xaviar, who is litterally staring at her. She comes to a stop where Rowan and Bianca are practicing fighting each other. 

             Wednesday watches them as Rowan falls to the ground while practicing fighting against Bianca. Why is Xaviar so interested in this new girl? Sure, she is scary looking, but that dosen't matter to me. I've seen more scarier things in my life. All I want to do right now is continue on practicing. However, Xaviar is just too distracted. He even took his helmet off! Mines still on though. No one else is distracted by this girl so why is Xaviar? It doesn't make any sense to me.

"Coach, Coach, she tripped me!" Rowan abruptly calls Coach Vlad. 

Coach Vlad then looks at him saying, "It was a clean strike, Rowan." 

As other students continue to fight against each other Bianca says looking down at him, "Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck."

That's when Rowan gets back up on his feet. "Well, Rowan... you tried. Why don't you step this one out and take a break?" Coach Vlad suggests. 

"Thanks Coach." Rowan replies to him. 

Rowan takes his inhaler and breaths into it. That's when Wednesday gets introduced to  Coach Vlad. Bianca sighs frustraightingly and says, "Anyone else wanna challange me?" 

Ugh, Xaviar is still distracted by Wednesday! With a annoid sigh, I walk up to Bianca. 

Then I say to her loudly so that she can hear me, "Want a match?" 

          Bianca turns to her right and sees me. Coach Vlad and Wednesday both stop talking, looking at me. I can see that Coach Vlad is feeling confused at me. It's because Coach Vlad knows that I'm unsociable. What he does know is that Bianca and I are the best in this class. There are rumors around this school where I'm a super hero and a super villian. However, I'm just here to be a normal teenage student for once. 

Rolling her eyes at them Bianca says to me, "We never really fenced together before. Lets give it a go." Paying close attention,  Wednesday stares at me eagerly, to see what happens next. 

Coach Vlad then shouts, "Engard!"

              Bianca puts her helmet on and we get into fighting position. The two of us sword fight for a couple of seconds until I lean my legs have my foot slide backwards. I place the tip of the sword carfully on Bianca... which means I won the first round. 

"First point goes to Talia." Coach Vlad says to us. 

I then get back on my feet and we continue to sword fight but then Bianca wins by pinning the tip of the sword on me, making her win the second round. 

"The score is even." Coach Vlad announces. 

We then both take off our helmets and Bianca then says to me, "Lets finish this." 

Turning her head to look at Coach Vlad... Bianca say to him, "For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challange. No masks, no tips." other students ooohhed in interest. "Winner draws first blood."

I just roll my eyes at Bianca. Seriouslly? Is she that determined to find out who is better? Everyone had stopped practicing to stare at us. "Fine." I agreed saying. 

"Good." Bianca smirks at me. "We wouldn't want our class mates to think that you were a shy coward now. Would we?" That makes me scowl at her. 

           We both drop our helmets off to the floor and continue to sword fight with no tips. In several seconds of one minute, Bianca and I battle off. It becomes fun fighting with her for a while since she is really good. However since I'm a super hero and have good expeirence, I win by making just a tiny cut on Bianca's forhead. That makes everyone gasps in shock. We stop and she becomes suprised. With two of her fingers, she feels her forhead and it's bleeding slightly. She then looks at me, stunned. 

"Hey, you were great." I say, reassurring her. "But maybe next time we fight, you shouldn't let your hopes up on having to invoke a military challenge." 

            I wasn't trying to be rude but people snickered a little bit about of what I just said. Bianca then becomes sad and angry of how she lost. We then both stare at each other. I then could feel Wednesday looking at me from the corner of my eyes. She looks impressed.