Part 2 - New and Different Worlds

"..Whoa." she stood there, amazed at the sight. She turns to every corner within the very spot she's standing on. Noticing the numbers floating in front of every portal, she turned and looked at the one she came out of. "Zero, Zero.. One. Well that's simple." she said, reading out the numbers.

She wonders around the portals, peeking into it one by one, until she saw a peculiar number, "Haha- 69, nice." she thought. She went through the portal and saw how awfully different the world is in there, it was much more dull, and nobody was there. She went out of the said portal and wanders off to another, and another, and another, until she got addicted to moving through portals.

What felt like hours has passed, Gi remembered that she has to rest enough for the science fair in the morning, so she rushed back to the start to portal number 001. When she got there, it was in a slightly different color, it was grey. She tried pushing herself in the portal but it didn't work, she ruffles in her pockets and found a crumbled piece of paper, threw it to the portal and it disintegrated into fine dust. She was petrified.

She stood there, fear made her shoulders shiver, she tried shaking it off. "Oh- oh well, I guess I should be looking for another world to sleep there temporarily. I think portals past midnight there doesn't seem to work." She thought to herself. So she went back to the places she wandered in, remembering which world was the safest one.

After a while of peeking through universes and putting her life at risk several times, she found an empty-looking world. So she chose it, found tools to make a temporary shelter and have a little rest. It wasn't much, but just to calm down and wait, it isn't such a bad place.

In the middle of a nice snooze, Gi felt a little shake on her mattress, something was happening. A huge slamming noise hit the ground outside, shaking the entirety of Gi's shelter and making everything fall down. She was fine, but she couldn't find her portal gun under all the rubble that the impact has created.

She sighs, stood up, and went outside to see a giant comet was not far from there, at least 100 meters for where her shelter was at.

"What the f—"
[To Be Continued]