Part 1 - Invention Innovation

The scene starts with a black screen, sounds of footsteps getting closer, and a distinct male voice saying "Wake up." in an eerie way.

Gi wakes up in her room, a bit panicking. She hastily scouts around the room while still being on the bed, the scene focuses on her table with her little invention on it. She sighed with relief, knowing that it's safe and untouched.

Gi proceeds to wear proper clothing before heading out of her room. As she got out, she's greeted with ketchup getting splattered on her head. "Oh! Good morning, Gi! Sorry 'bout that!" Arin, Gi's housemate, apologized, seeing that she's preparing breakfast together with Mell, Arin's girlfriend.

Gi slowly steps out of her doorway just to get hit by someone rushing down the stairs, it was Josie. "Ah, crap- Gi! Why are you suddenly here!" he stammered after bumping into her. "Well, it wasn't MY fault that my room is in front of the stairway!" Then everyone proceeds to look at Bea, who was sitting on the table. After a little pause, she perked up "We were out of space! And you decided to move in in the middle of the semester!" "Yeaah- but at least not in front of the stairway AND the front door." The scene turned to the door where the mailman had trouble slipping the mail in the slot since it was covered by Gi's door.

Gi sighed, but smiled at her friends' stupidness. They all sat on the dining table, just talking about college-work and their other friends. Gi finished her breakfast first, and went to her room. She closed the door and looked at the little invention she was working on. She sat down, turned on the TV and look for some tools she could use to work on her things.

The TV was on a channel about multiverse conspiracy, Gi is interested in multiverse theories and is willing to make something to prove that it's real. She had an upcoming science fair soon, so that's where her shot will be.

Mell walked in Gi's room, seeing her so busy fiddling with motherboards and soldering it. "Hey, uh- What's that?" she asked, pointing to the machine. "Long story short, I found this website, and it says that a Science Fair is opening nearby!" Gi said, excitedly. "Whoa, cool, will there be prize money for the winners?" Mell said, looking interested. "Hah, no. This is just for fun!" Gi replied as she fiddles with the iron solder again. "..Nevermind, you nerds are lame." Mell said, losing her interest and walking out Gi's room. "Says you!" Gi sounding offended, but she decides to ignore Mell and focus on her project instead.

While Gi was finishing the main machine in the project, she accidentally dropped a screw. "Oh, shoot-" she stammered and went under the desk to get the screw. While doing so, she felt a cold shadowy wind behind her. She thought it was nothing, though. So she just put on her jacket and finished off her work.

"..aaaand- Done! Hah! I finally did it! Now, I just need to test it out" Gi happily sighs and tries out this little ray-gun looking thing before resting for the science fair in the next day. She kept pulling the trigger, but it didn't seem to work, so she hits it a bit, hoping it'll fix it—and it surprisingly did. The ray gun shot to her room's wall, making this giant, green, rectangular, glowy doorway. Her face glows from the light of the doorway, with a satisfied and amazed expression drawn on her face. She excitedly got near the doorway, but hesitates suddenly and paced around the room for a while. She stared at the doorway again, still hesitant. "...No." she said. And so she closed the portal and went to sleep.

Just kidding. She jumped awake at around midnight, she couldn't stop thinking on what will happen if she touched it, if she tried going through it. And so she prepared some things like wearing proper clothing, wearing some protection goggles, gloves, and an extra outerwear for safety. She grabbed the portal gun again, giving it a glance for a while, took a sharp breath and shoots a beam on her room's wall. The glowing doorway is back. This time she took no hesitation to walk—Run, in it. As she ran in, the scientific protective suit, gloves, and visor all disintegrated. And she is now greeted with a void full of glowing doorways.

"..Whoa." she stood there, amazed at the sight.

[ To Be Continued . ]