Pillar and Mortar

"Nammie." Hyunjin smiled at me with bubbly mouth. "I forgot you are here, so I didn't lock the door." He grinned. "Lucky you, I'm just brushing my teeth."

"Owh. Unlucky me. I should've waited till you get into the shower." I placed the back of my hand on my temple dramatically. My words enticed his laughter.

"Unlucky you!" He was still chuckling as he took my toothbrush from the container. "How much? All the way?" He filled it with toothpaste fully from the tip to the very end of the brush. And he had the guts to laugh about it.

"Hyunjin," I plead when he gave me my brush.

"Extra paste for extra clean?" His eyes went crescent.

"You bet."

Hyunjin finished off his tooth brushing. Meanwhile I was still at it, really taking my time. He started to do some random things, humming a song cutely while checking himself out on the mirror. Smiles adored his pretty face.

I stared at him intently while he draw something out of his breath's condensation on the mirror. I scowled at him unintentionally. But I couldn't control my smile. I found him weird, a good weird. Why is he hanging around in here? If he's finished, he can get out, can't he?

"What? Isn't it cute? Girls supposed to love these things." He then posed and gave a little smooch to the, apparently, a particular heart shape. He got my scrunched face. His laughter after was a disagreement to my idea.

I ended up my hustle. "You're cute, Hyunjin. But remember this, love is not enough. Cute isn't, too. You still have to do house chores for your wife. Even if you have all the money." I threw him a side eyes while rinsing my brush.

"That's why people call you aunty, Nammie. That side of you add more years to your age." He chuckled for awhile but frowned in next minute. "Guess, age really affects one's way of thinking. You're definitely old, Nammie."

I laughed at his sudden gloominess. "I am old, Hyunjin. Ten years older than you, dummy. I've been riding motorcycles when you cried on your first day of school."

He stood still with a pouty lips. On his eyes, thoughts were floating around. He looked at me sternly before a shyly smile came to him.

"Did you cry on your first day of school?" I became really curious. In my mind, I could imagine the little Hyunjin was clinging onto Mrs. Hwang, crying.

"Nammie," he warned me.

"You really cried on your first day of school." I laughed my head off.

"Ah! Nammie!" His eyes were gone. His body swayed left and right. "You really a menace!" He took water in his hands and splashed it on me.

We were playing around when suddenly he caught me then started to dab water drops out. His towel felt so soft on my skin. As his expression became solemn, the handsome Hyunjin trapped me between both of his hand, getting so close. With only few inches apart, he shook my head and whispered, "Get out, Nammie! I want to take a shower!"

"Oh." I retracted myself, stepping back toward the door. But after a second, I mustered the most serious face I could make. "What about no?" I liked how desperateness was crawling into him.

Soon darkness engulfed me. I could smell Hyunjin's perfume and his own body odor. And I didn't know the mixed in fabric softener they use could entice such aroma that made me go blank. I noted to myself that towel indeed is a letal weapon.

I felt my body being dragged through the door. When light came to my eyes, I was outside the bathroom. The thud of the door behind me proved it more.

I walked to the kitchen with a warm heart. That kind of interaction was what I need the most. At least for the last time before I go.