Volume 1 - Part 1: The Becoming

Začít od začátku

Foremost in the list and was deemed to be the driving force behind the betiding change would be King Mellsy of Lightylden. A pivotal figure distinguished for his radical kingship, which had helped him won not only the hearts of his people but also the spirits of persecuted souls longing for freedom reaching beyond his kingdom's walls. He was different out of the typical monarchs' to rule over within the restless land. A one in a million leader whom sprung out of nowhere and chose rather to stand strong as beacon of hope for those who dare to live before the forces of darkness instead of becoming one with them.

Ever since then, faith has bore a face and a name, and they would called it 'the land of the brave,' for its steadfast diverse populace united as one in defense of Lightylden, now their forever home. These are the very creatures whom ventured the unforgiving land by risking their lives in spite of the perilous journey and prowling dangers - the fittest over all, where each recognized citizen has their own story, tested character, and indomitable will which have earned them their place within the walls of Lightylden. This monumental exploit was subsequently followed by significant feats stemming from the growing numbers of the kingdom in question and its surpassing ruler; founding factors which have apparently served as turning point needed in inciting a large movement across Vandua, for as their formidable reputation rose to the roof, far and wide even to the unspoken places, so was the attention of enemies whom saw the land of the brave as a force to be reckoned with.

In happening so would put the Lightylden kingdom in center of the storm, but even in the face of interminable raids and series of sieges would not stop the warrior king in weathering the fate bounded for him.

The young Matt of no more than ten had to asked; 'Captain! Does he still lives?' for he knows that a good man like the Lightylden King wouldn't last in this land overrun by bad guys. To wage war against those oppressors by opposing them is no different in digging one's grave, Matt thought to himself.

'Of course he is Matt.' answered by the captain of the young slaves as he rose from his seating, loud enough to be heard over the rest of his flock, then he continues; 'and shall we all too, for it will not be long until we fight under his wings!'

His reassurance has catalyzed a brief whoop of cheering, though suppressed under tone of animation. He oughted to keep their spirits alive, for tomorrow will be the day of their awaited judgment.

Matt couldn't help but to feel somewhat excited whenever captain Dean talks about the chosen king. Usually his late big brother would tell him about how great the land of the brave were, and that they will live there in peace away from the baleful conquerors. The place where they supposed to be heading at before their caravan was intercepted on the way several months ago. The horrifying incident were still vividly fresh within his mind as though it just occurred yesterday. Fortunately he found a new big brother, and he could listen to his stories all day long besides from fighting in pits, battling cursed walks, mastering weapons, sleeping off his hunger, or most at the time, being picked on by Karl whom was about the same age of his.'

I bet Matt would not stand a chance when he take the death march.' There he goes again, Matt thought. In the back of his very mind, he already slaughtered Karl in ten different ways if he wished to. Cutting off his tongue and skinning him alive would be the best revenge to teach him a lesson, then sprinkled with sea salts, left in the dark, alone on a cold damp floor inside a dungeon. But captain said they're all one family now, and they must look over each other, and fight for each other. If it pleases the captain, then family he will be despite being proven difficult. Oh yes, Alyssa my little sister, Matt wonders where is she now.

'How come the number one would not stand a chance out there?' a crisp riposte Matt has pulled off out of annoyance. Suddenly, there's a muffled chuckles among the young warriors, and the speechless Karl was left high and dry embarrassed in front of everyone. Matt doesn't like being bullied before the presence of the captain, he could've had let it slide when it's only them just his comrades, but not this time. Karl rose up with a flushed face as red as cherry. An impulsive mistake the kid would only came to realized when he heard the rattling noise sounded from their rusty chains - interconnected from one another, binding one's movement to prisoners deliberate restrictions.