26

The summer the sky fell

-Skyfall-

THE NIPPY AIR OF BOSTON SLAPPED ANGELICA'S CHEEK.

Susannah was gone and Angelica was on her way to pay respects with her mother. Normally she wouldn't have came but Jeremiah begged her to and she loved Susannah.

Sky was distraught to say the least and so was Laurel. "Are you ready mama?" Angelica parked and looked over at her mother. Sky wiped a stray tear and nodded.

Angelica had never seen her mother so dim. She wore black dress pants with a black blouse and pointed heels. Angelica had worn a coat styled dress Susannah had bought her alone with black heels.

(Idk what to wear to funerals besides black).

The two walked solemnly side by side. Jeremiah greeted them at the door. "Jells" he choked out, tears flooding his eyes all over again. "Jere" a sympathetic frown on her face as she embraced him.

"Thank you" he muttered into her shoulder. "I told you I'd always be here for you jere" she mumbled back. The two pulled away and Jeremiah hugged sky and thanked her for coming.

"Is Laurel here?" Sky asked pulling away from the boy. "Just inside" he pointed to the church behind him. Sky nodded and turned to her daughter "I'll see you inside" she said before leaving.

"I need a favor" Jeremiah said. Angelica turned to face him trying to ignore the nippy air on her thighs. "I need you to sing...with Conrad. You know how much my mom loved when you two sang for her" he said.

She wanted to say no, but this was Susannah. (Sorry but I jus can't let Conrad sing). "I'll do it jere. Don't worry" she smiled softly at him. He smiled back at her though sadness still lingered.

The doors opened and out walked Conrad. He froze at the sight of Angelica. "Lovey" he breathed out. She looked at him and it was all slow motion for him. She looked gorgeous, her dress fit her perfectly and her makeup was done.

Her once long butt length straight hair was cut to the top of her back and it was in lose waves. Her makeup was completely different, typically she would have added a hint of gold or an expressive dark color but no.

Her eyeshadow was a dark brown with a sharp black liner, her long dark lashes framing her now bleak eyes. Her necklace was tucked into her shirt with the company of another silver chair.

Conrad's eyes fell to her hand hoping to see the shiny purple ring bc it wasn't there. "I'm sorry for your lost" her tone stiff as the words trickled from her pink lips. "Lovey I-" she cut him off with a shake of the head.

"It's starting" she said and walked past him.

Angelica sat next to Jeremiah running her hand on his arm. His head leaned onto hers as he cried. Conrad watched with jealously. Angelica was his, she should be holding him whispering comfort into his ear.

Once the speeches and respect were done it was time for Conrad and Angelica to preform. Angelica swallowed thickly as she stood before Susannah's love ones.

Bellys eyes dug into her with hated. Angelica had heard Conrad and belly dated. Initially she was upset but she ended up letting it go.

She cleared her throat before raising the mic up to her lips. "About 4 months ago Susannah told me she loved Adele. She was the first one to introduce me to her"

(NOW PLAYING: Skyfall by Adele)

Sky's eyes teared as she watched her daughter sing. Angelica had a beautiful voice even when she was a child but singing was always such a private thing for her.

Conrad played his guitar along with her singing. Conrad's heart ached as she got ready to sing the upcoming lyrics.

You may have my number
you can take my name
but you'll never have my heart

Her heart hammered as she sung the high note. Her eyes glued to Conrad on the last part. Bellys blood burned with rage as the ex couple stared each other down.

Angelica's eyes ripped from Conrad's and back onto the glass singing. She didn't know why this song felt so much like Conrad now. It ached, she couldn't go back to him. Despite his numerous attempts to talk or his letters and text.

Her emotions began to sink into the lyrics she sung. Where you go, I go~
What you see, I see~

Her eyes locked once more with Conrad. She was singing to him at this point. Perhaps Susannah set this up from the heavens. "I know I'd never be me. Without the security ~ of your loving arms".

Imagines of Conrad holding her flashed through her head.

"Keeping me from harm". "Put your hand in my hand~ And we'll stand~". She sung loudly, tears spilling from her eyes onto her cheeks. Her stomach rattling with emotion. The look in Conrad's eyes rocked her.

When the song was over her cheeks were soaked with tears as she accepted praise. Conrad stood from the stool wiping tears of his own. His fingers sore from playing. Angelica sat down quickly beside Jeremiah. "You did good jelly" he said.

She feared he could hear her heart hammering in her chest. "You still love him?" Jeremiah asked. Her hand fled to necklace through her shirt. The diamond gazing her skin softly.

"No." She lied.