Chapter Six

[Madison's P.O.V]

Lexington fell asleep cuddle next to me in the bed , I laid my head on his chest. I know I said I would let it go , the brunette situation but I can't. Even though he said she was nothing more than a mistake. I can't get her out of my head. Its like she had a motive. I don't know what kind of a motive but she had one. Lexington moved at little and played with my hair. "Can't sleep?" He whispered kissing the top of my head. I shook my head no. I heard him sigh before sitting up , leading me to sit up as well. "Maddie , did that girl say anything else to you?" He ask. "No." I answered. "Than why are you even worrying about her." He questioned. "I don't know. I just am." I mumbled. "You have to trust me. I'm not going to hurt you , Madison. That girl is nothing but a mistake from my past. She means nothing to me. Your the only woman in my life that matters. You have to trust that , you got to stop being insecure with a girl from my past shows up because that's all she is , the past." He said standing up. "Where are you going?" I ask wiping the tears from my eyes. "To sleep on the couch. I think you need to be alone." He answered grabbing a pillow or a cover. Yes I might be insecure but I have ever right to be. Every time I open heart , I get hurt. I'm scared I don't want to get hurt by another guy that I let in. But Lexington is right , he loves me. He will never hurt me. He is not like every other guy who hurt me. He is better. I need to learn how to trust him. I just need too. I don't want to lose him , he is the guy I have waited for all my life & I can't screw it up with my jealousy. **** The next morning I woke up and walk over to the living room finding Lexington still sound asleep. I kiss his cheek waking him up. He look up at me rubbing his eyes waiting for me to say something. "I'm sorry." I mumbled. He sat up and place me on his lap. "I love you , Maddie & only you. That's all that matters. Im never going to hurt you." He said giving me a kiss. I gave him a hug , holding on to him tightly. I didnt want to lose him. I refuse to mess this up.