The Desolation Sneak Peak

The wind blew. Sand was lifted and gracefully flew with the wind. Skeletons of animals were scattered. Some vultures were seen scavenging the place for food. The sound of an engine was heard and the birds flew away. A giant lone vehicle drove by.

Dust was lifted as the bus' wheels passed by

Dust was lifted as the bus' wheels passed by. There was no sign of civilization to be seen, inside a blonde woman with light armor was driving. The woman looked to be in her 60's. She wore red goggles and a brown bandanna. Her hair was long and was tied with a rubber band, she wore small light metal shoulder pads with a dirty orange coat on top. She was silent, she paid attention to the empty wasteland in front of her. Mountains could be seen in the distance with the red-pink sky above them.

???: Yang, I scan that there is no structure for another hundred miles and there is still two tanks of gasoline left. We should-

Yang: Make due Weiss, just make due as always...

Out in the distance, the bus was being watched. The telescope was taken down as a red haired man with a wicked smile spoke.

???: Well boys! We have a big one to catch!!!

Behind him various other men yelled and cheered as they reeved their modified vehicles.

———

Yang continued driving for hours, the yellow sun was beginning to set. Yang sighed and stopped the bus. She stepped out and looked at the red, orange, and faint blue sunset.

Yang: Still beautiful as ever...

She smiled as she stared as the sun hid behind the mountains. She took off her goggles to reveal her dead violet eyes with visible eye bags. She took off her bandanna and inhaled deeply. She exhaled as she looked around and found barrel with some trash in it.

About an hour later, Yang was sitting down as she ate a cooked insect. In front of her was the barrel with a fire coming out of it. Out a phone like radio, a light blue light turned on as a voice spoke.

Weiss: You know, it's funny how that cockroaches contain the necessary vita-

Yang: Weiss, you do remember that you used to annoy me with the science stuff...well it still does...

Weiss: Well, I don't have much energy left so I'll be shutting off. Night!

The radio's screen turned off as Yang took a bite out her insect in a stick. She sighed as she tried to recall her past memories.

It's hard. While me and my team attempted to stop salem, that witch did something. I don't remember what. All i know for sure is that what she did caused all of this. I'm not sure if she's actually dead or not, she might be unkillable but she was caught in the middle of the blast after all...

...just like him. I dont know what happened to Ruby and Blake, ever since that day decades ago, i haven't seen or heard of them. I have many regrets, some bigger than others, but there is one that I regret most. I can't even remember that moment without looking at myself in disgust. He gave me everything, he was my everything. he was all i had left, but I was too selfish to see that. But there is nothing that can be done about it now. All i can do know is regret and fight to survive while at it.