• Here comes the Devil •

En başından başla

"Lavanya Sin -"

"NOT THAT WOMAN." I gritted my teeth as soon as Dad took her name. It cannot be her. I can't deal with her again. Not again. With a lot of self control and rationality I spared her that day but if she dares to step into my shoes, it is going to cost her a lot. Much more than she will ever think. And right now, she is the last thing I want to deal with, in my already fucked up life. She cannot show her face again. 

"It is what it is." He turned around and smiled bitterly.

"How could you do this Dad -" Dad knows what she has done to me in the past. Then why am I again being forced to face her?

"I did nothing. Our sixty percent of the partners have crowned her the new CEO. In fact, you called for her yourself. If you had been there, this merger would not have happened, neither she would have entered our office. But now I am going to support her because she has proved herself, she has won the position with her merit and that's how we are going to work now. That's how you are going to work now - under her." Dad uttered the last words, aiming at my ego. I know what he wants. He just wants me to join the office and he also knows that he has stuck the right cord and I absolutely hate this.

"NO FUCKING WAY." I yelled, emphasizing each and every word as I smashed the paper weight on the mirror in front of me. The mirror crashed into multiple useless pieces the same way my life did last year. Dad was still unhinged. He is prone to my temper, though he has visited me after three months. We hardly meet post Natasha's demise. Dad cares for me a lot, but I didn't let him in, I distanced myself from everyone and now his priority is his business and rightfully so.

"Maybe that's how it was meant to be, Agastya." These were the last words he breathed out before walking out of my room, leaving me agonized and helpless at the situation. He has signed the papers, the collaboration has happened and Lavanya Sinha has become important. My award winning, powerful and competitive Highlights has died a brutal death because it was forced to give up. I ruined it. 

And only I can revive it back. I'll prove dad wrong, I'll show him that he's wrong and destiny can be manipulated. It's going to be my determination and smart work which will bring Highlights back. I have to get back to work now because I don't believe in destiny, it's the control I have always believed in.

I know, I have done it before. Tried to control the shit happening in my life, and I ruined everything. Things went out of hands, instead of getting better. I know that my dominating nature has ruined me before, my life along with Natasha's and due to all my anger for my inability to control her, I lost her. I lost what I was. At her death bed, I had decided to not repeat my mistakes again because I already lost so much in life because of my hunger for keeping things in power, I had promised Natasha that I wouldn't do it again. 

"Come back Nats. I won't ever do it again." I had cried, I had mourned my actions. 
But damn you, Lavanya Sinha! For making me break my vows made at the demise of my love.  Fuck you for breaking my resolves. For again ruining my ways. For making me trod this path again. And now get ready to face the demon that you have unleashed.

I can't let Lavanya boss me around nor am I the one who obeys. I have always given commands, heard pleas and have managed things as per my rules and my will. I know I may end up hurting the people around me, even myself because I have already bore the consequences, I create wrecks. But on today's date, I am already a finished man, I have nothing to lose, but only to win back. 
So now what more damage can it cause to me? 

Nothing.

I have always believed that there's nothing which can be controlled, even love. It is always in one's hands. And in my world, I am the only power, the only controller. My ways, have proved fatal to me, but now I have nothing to lose, and Lavanya should have nothing to win. I will make sure of it.