Rifuta Imu

POV: Rifuta Imu

My name is Rifuta Imu, 16 years old, and I am one of the most popular girls in PK Academy. I would easily become the most popular with my charm, but that's cut short by the existence of my one and only, Teruhashi Kokomi. And as a very close friend and a very healthy admirer, I noticed something different about Kokomi-senpai. I watch Kokomi-senpai walking down the corridor and my theory becomes clearer. 

She's shining even more brighter than before!

It's been a while this has happened, but I still wonder what changed for Kokomi-senpai when her normal golden aura grew twice as much. Not only her glow, her pretty girl smile has been less stiff. As a fellow popular girl, I can always recognize an artificial smile, and Kokomi-senpai pulls it off like a pro. But her smiles lately have been more sincere and natural. Her actions have been more relaxed as well, like a burden she had this whole time that no one noticed just vanished. I must know her secret!

When Kokomi-senpai wanted to leave the school building, I jumped in front of her and blocked her way.

T: Imu-chan?

I got tired following her around today and responded to her while heavily breathing. 

R: Kokomi-senpai!

T: Yes?

R: Let's walk from school together!

T: Oh, okay.

Yes! Step one cleared, now it's the difficult second part, actually asking her.

R: Kokomi-senpai,

T: What is it, Imu-chan?

R: I notice that you've been happier,

T: Have I?

Even her responses to me have been more relaxed.

R: Please tell me your secrets, Kokomi-senpai!

Kokomi-senpai seems to be deep in thought. It must be something important for her struggling to tell me. 

T: Well, I think it's a good time to tell you.

It's something she's planning on telling me anyway?

We walked further into a neighborhood to find Saiki-senpai, waiting for us?

T: I'm here, Kusuo.

Kusuo? Are they that close friends that they call each other by their given name?

Kokomi walked to Saiki-senpai and casually hugged him. I watch Saiki-senpai casually smile in response to the gesture. Now that I think about it, that's the first time I've seen him smile. Wait, don't tell me...

T: Imu-chan, he's why I've been happier,

T: I'm finally with the person I love.

POV: Saiki Kusuo

Her reaction would not be pretty.

R: THIS PERVERT?!

T: Pervert?

R: Isn't he with that big-boobied gyaru?!

T: Big boo-you meant Aiura-san?

That's how you figured it out?

R: Why are you with this sleazy two timer?!

Kokomi turned to me.

T: Are you two timing me?