Chapter 8

Things were back to normal now, the past month was spent by you explaining the same story over and over to each person who was in your life before you lost it, but no one had allowed you to start work again, too afraid of losing you once more. The main person being Natasha.

The minute you brought it up to her she shut it down without a second thought and you knew from then you couldn't push it anymore. You were back to living in your own house, along with Natasha who had moved in before you were even back. It was nice. It was great.

The two of you living together, alone, was better than you could have ever imagined.

Today had nothing major planned, Natasha invited Yelena, Kate and Wanda over, which had become the regular routine just over a week ago. It was almost like they lived there too but you weren't complaining.

You had been speaking to Evelyn a lot since you broke the news to everyone, and she was a lot more heartbroken than you could think. But you couldn't blame her, because this was the second Tim Eshe had thought her best friend had passed, except this time it was true.

And another thing about the girls coming over, you would get the fright of your life when you would look up to see a figure standing over you when you knew Natasha was right by your side because they never knocked or even thought to ring the bell.

"I brought two options, Chinese food or Indian, your pick." Wanda told the two of you, two bags in each of her hands as she lifted each up like a weight scale.

"Chinese all the way." You beamed, standing up from the couch as Natasha followed your actions as she went with the second choice.

You had made it into the kitchen when the front door flung open, a few stumbles followed by a crash and two squeals. "That fucking hurt!"

"Next time don't be stupid enough to run at an assassin!" Yelena protested and you heard Kate huff which made the three of you in the kitchen fall into light laughter. "I want to see my sister."

"I'm in here." Natasha called and Yelena appeared in the doorway with a look of disgust on her face.

"Not you, my favorite one." She smiled widely when you turned to face her and she walked up to you with a spring in her step with her arms open waiting for you to hug her, which you did with the same smile on your face.

"Ugh you're such a bitch! Wasn't I just telling you on the way here that Y/n's mine?" Kate came in looking like a whining child which made Wanda giggle.

"Uhm excuse you." Natasha cut in, her eyebrow raised at the younger girl and Kate blushed furiously.

"Not like that, sorry Nat, she's all yours. What I meant to say was, Y/n is my favorite."

"Excuse me?" Wanda teased and Kate's mouth fell open, panic growing over her expressions before everyone began laughing at the poor girl.

"I'm kidding," she laughed awkwardly, bumping into Yelena purposely as she went to take a seat around the table.

"How's Lucky?" You asked Kate from across the table when Yelena was comfortably seated next to you.

"He's really good, he still eats a lot, I'm surprised he's not fat by now."

"You should have called him pig, oink oink." Yelena piped in as she began to eat her share of the food.

"Okay that was mean." Wanda told her before chuckling at how straightforward she was.

"It's true." She fought back, her mouth already filled with food.

The rest of the time went on with all of you eating, talking and laughing as Kate and Yelena had small arguments over who knows what, before everyone got too lazy to do anything.

So, the only choice was to waste away in the living room, squished on the couch like sardines in a tin. Natasha complained about Yelena crushing her feet, Kate didn't speak a word about how Yelena was taking up the whole couch and Wanda was unfazed by what was happening as she happily ate her bowl of chips as the movie played.

Yelena didn't care when Natasha complained about the loss of sensation in her feet as she was too pulled in by the talking statues in the movie, one of the best choices of course: Night at the museum.

You never realized how much you loved each one of your friends until it came to moments like this when you were never able to stop smiling at everything that happened, but you would be lying if you said your favorite part wasn't Natasha being there with you.

But each time you looked at her you couldn't help but hold in your laugh at how annoyed she was growing of her sister. Their bond was something you loved to watch, how they communicated in ways you had never seen before, how they fought like cat and dog but also how much they loved each other.

You knew Natasha would do anything to protect her younger sister, just like she would you. It really was one of your favorite things about her, although there were too many to settle on one. Her love and care for the people around her always astonished you, although she did once want to rip your throat out just by being in your presence, but that's okay! Because there was also a time when you hated being in the same room as her too, but now the two of you can never seem to spend a second apart.

"You okay?" You whispered to Natasha as you looked up at her.

"Of course, are you?" She looked down at you with a soft smile that only you could see as the others were too focused on the movie that was halfway done.

"Of course." You repeated and she leaned down to kiss your forehead before her attention went back to the tv along with yours.