Chapter 5

Laughter of shock.

Heavy, unbelievable breathing.

A shaking, disbelieved head at the sight.

Tony's hand clasped his mouth shut, stepping back as he let out puffs of laughter, not believing what he saw in front of him. You sat up, rubbing your eyes like you would on a bright early morning. "Y-Y/n?"

"No, fucking Lady Diana," (Love her so much) You rolled your eyes, "yes it's me, who else would it be?"

"It really worked?" He rushed up to you, pulling you into a tight hug. All he's ever wanted since the moment they all lost you. He held you like you would disappear from him again, like this was a dream and he would never see you again. He held you so tight it hurt you.

"I'm not dead, why are you hugging me so tight?" You questioned, trying to ease his grip on you by wiggling a little.

"You were."

"What?" You laughed, not understanding what he meant by that.

"We lost you, y/n. I thought I lost you for good." He pulled back with tears pooling in his eyes, threading to spill but even you knew he would never allow that to happen. Not in front of anyone. No matter how much he loved them.

"I never knew you were this funny," you giggled, kicking your feet off the table to ground yourself on the surface of the floor, "where's Nat? I feel like I haven't seen her in months." You whined, following with a big stretch that made your body shake, (ha).

"I don't know if that would be a good idea right now." Tony tells you, the bright smile still on his face. He looks as if he doesn't know how to control his emotions, which he doesn't, but it's cute.

"Why? I miss my girlfriendddd." You dragged out, resisting the urge to stamp your foot like a toddler.

(author wants food, brb)

(Author was drunk and forgot to come back for a week. Hi)

"I need to explain everything to you, it's clear you don't remember what happened during the battle." He cleared his throat and you stared at him with a face full of questions. You had the urge to laugh but seeing his state, you held it back.

"Battle? What battle?" You raised an eyebrow, tapping your foot against the cold floor like a quizzical mother.

He gulped, preparing himself to break the news to you. He didn't know how you would take it, and that alone was understandable, but he was more worried about how Natasha would take it.

She hasn't seen you in months. How would she react after seeing you all this time? How would she treat Tony after finding out he's been keeping the biggest secret from her? There were so many questions the genius himself couldn't answer and the idea of that made him nauseous.

30 minutes in, a full conversation over and time to yourself to gather your thoughts was all the time you needed before needing to see your person again. You missed her. It was funny because for you the last time you saw her was only 4 hours ago, but it was many more hours than that. Doubled, tripled, you name it. But you always miss her before minutes change into hours.

"You need to sneak out, Nat's at your place," Tony tells you as you both step into the elevator, "no one can see you yet so please don't be you right now."

"What's that supposed to mean?" You gasped in faux offense, looking over at the man with furrowed eyebrows.

"Just... never mind," he waved it off with a small sigh, "don't get seen, kid."

"You can count on that." You grinned at him, swaying slightly on your feet.

"It's good to have you back, I've missed you, we all have." His expression softened along with your smile at his honesty, never seeing this side of him before.

"You're cute rich boy." After that you left as he signaled for you to step out of the open elevator. You sneaked through the halls, hoping not to be seen by anyone by Tony's wishes and headed for the exit.

Things looked different to what you remembered, there wasn't much change, but everything looked newer, and you guessed it was from the new buildings after the battle Tony talked about.

The news wasn't light on you because how could you die and not know about it? It unsettled you, but you knew that was something you would never talk about. You wanted to keep your problems hidden deep down because for some reason, you felt wary of everything around you. What if you were lied to? What if Tony was using you as an experiment this entire time and that's why he wanted you to join the team in the first place? What if Nat was in on the plan?

You were scared.

For one of the first times in your life, you were scared that the woman you loved most would allow that to happen to you. She knew everything you allowed her to, and if that were anyone else you would only give them your name. She could ruin you in a second if she tried, and you knew she could. Not that she would want to, but she had the power.

Sneaking into Tony's car, you left the place in a hurry hoping no one would spot you in the billionaires' car and not only because Tony told you so, but because the only person you wanted to speak to, look at, or hold wasn't here.

You wanted her. You wanted to hold her and never let go, what you didn't know was you were the only person that had been on her mind since the incident. You needed it as much as she did, and you weren't about to slow down the speed of the car any time soon.

The accelerator almost touched the floor as you far out of reach from the compound, into the big city as you swerved oncoming traffic and by-passers. You missed her. 

A/n: I told you I wouldn't leave you all and I keep my promises. Hope you've all been well Xx