An Unexpected Friend

Start from the beginning

When Ben exits the room, it's shown to be a back room in the plumbing store. A few people are shopping, but they don't seem to notice Ben as he walks out the store, having pulled up his hood to hide his face.

Ben: 'Gotta keep a low profile. Can't let anyone know I'm still alive.'

Ben heads into an alleyway and transforms into XLR8, before racing off.

XLR8: "Time to pay my friend a visit."

=============================================================================================

Location: The Batcave

Inside the Batcave, Batman is hard at work on his Batcomputer. XLR8 suddenly speeds up from behind Batman, stopping next to him, before transforming back into his human form.

Batman: "Hello Ben." He says, not looking away from the Batcomputer. "I detected you entering Gotham a couple of minutes ago. What took you so long to get here?"

Ben: "I came across a couple of crimes on the way here." He clears his throat. "Anyway, I came to give you something."

Batman: "And what would that be?"

Ben: "Well, I know about your contingency plans for The League."

Batman stops typing and turns to face Ben. At that moment, Ben holds out a small remote, which Batman takes.

Batman: "How do you know of those?" He takes the small device. "And what is this?"

Ben: "I found them when I hacked into your Batcomputer to help update it's security system. And that is going to be your contingency for me."

Batman: "Hmm." He inspects the device. "What does it do?"

Ben: "It was created by Azmuth, creator of the Omnitrix, specifically to disable it." He points at the end of the remote. "Just press the button while holding this end at me, and it'll render the Omnitrix useless."

Batman: "Are you sure you want me to have this?"

Ben: "You're the one I trust the most with this." He starts walking away. "Just make sure to keep it on hand. Never know when something might happen."

Ben primes the Omnitrix, and then transforms back into XLR8 before speeding out of the Batcave. Batman looks back at the device, before putting it away into his utility belt. Batman turns back to the Batcomputer, and Alfred walks up next to him.

 Batman turns back to the Batcomputer, and Alfred walks up next to him