Demons in Crystal Cliffs

Start from the beginning

His hands lit up in flames, and he snarled at the crowd showing off his pointed teeth.

The thing that scared Etho the most was the way the crowd and soldiers looked at them. They had fear written all over their faces, but after a moment, they looked agitated, some were starting to become angry.

It would only be a matter of minutes before they descended upon the brothers.

"What the heck Tango!" Impulse yelled.

"They already know our secret, might as well be prepared," Tango snarled back, quiet enough for only the three to hear.

Etho wanted to face palm, but he was busy at the moment. Dealing with the dumb brothers the universe decided to give him.

"They knew we were different, they didn't know we were demons!" Etho explained like he was talking to a child, which was the same thing.

Tango's expression quickly morphed into embarrassment, but he schooled it back to calm.

Calm being a scrunched up face ready to bite or snarl with pure red eyes, without a kind sole.

Impulse was about to add something, but the crowd in front of them began yelling.

Etho could hear some words like monster, hybrids, disgusting, and many more words that would have some mothers putting soap in their mouth.

The guards that were there started making their way to them. They had weapons out. Some stood back with locked crossbows pointing at them.

Tango snarled at the miniscule amount of guards. His hands began to false up much more. Etho could feel the heat from three feet away. The guards looked worriedly from Tango to Etho and Impulse. Their false bravado was wavering.

They had one chance, one moment of escape. Etho wasn't losing his brothers.

"Tango fire!" Tango obeyed without a moment of hesitance. Fireballs crashed into some soldiers, others escaped to hit the ground around the crowd. He was pretty sure that was on purpose. They burst into movement, many running around screaming like they had seen a god.

Etho didn't wait for them to get back together. He grabbed Impulse and Tango's arm, despite the yelps of shock, and ran right, away from the town, and to the nearby forest.

--

Impulse crashed into the forest, Etho and Tango in front of him. They had passed by the small river a minute ago, which meant they were officially out of the town. Not out of danger, Impulse thought grimly. They were never out of danger.

They kept running till they thought they were safe. They also needed rest. Etho was used to running and Tango was in his Demon form, but that didn't mean they weren't as tired as Impulse was.

Tango slumped against one of the trees, breathing heavily. Etho looked the same, except he was leaning on a tree across from Tango. Impulse leaned against a tree of his own.

Impulse wanted to relax and calm down for another hour, so bad Etho had to ruin that.

"Great job Impulse," Etho started, his words slurred a bit, but he had his mask down to breathe better so at least he could hear him, "that is the seventh town we have been kicked out of!" The anger was written on his face, but he could hear the disappointment in his voice quite easily. Etho was the responsible one, and also the only one who could make Impulse see his problems. Impulse loved and hated him for it, but right now he was resenting the talk he would know he would get.

"That was the seventh town, Impulse!"

"I know," Impulse said sarcastically, Etho knew he was too tired to argue, only to listen to him rant.