09

Muse: Onyx

It was Halloween night. You and your friends went out trick or treating around the neighborhood, despite being a little too old to do that. You, of course, wanted to stay at home and binge watch all of the Halloween movies all night, but after hearing the begging and pleading from your friends, you gave in.
It was getting late and chilly. The costume you chose wasn't fit for the autumn weather. At this point, you wanted to go home and change into your pajamas. You stopped in front of an abandoned home. It was surprisingly clean with no Halloween decorations.
Your friends walked up to the front door and knocked on it. You stayed back and watched the mess that was going to happen.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you," a voice whispered. Before you could react, you were knocked out cold and dragged inside the house. Your friends screamed and ran away, immediately going to find some help.

★★★

It was the next day, and you woke up. The room looked different than yours. It had more space, and it looked so modern with a touch of vintage. Your eyes scanned the room for anything suspicious looking. Somehow, there was nothing out of the ordinary.
"Alright, [name]. Stay calm and think about how you're getting out of here."
You got out of the bed and walked out of the room, surprised that you were not tied nor chained to the bed. Weird. That stuff usually happens when you're kidnapped. There was no time to think about that right now.
You walked down the stairs to see a maid cooking breakfast. The smell of pastries, meat, pancakes, etcetera made your stomach growl. It was tempting to grab a plate and fix yourself something to eat, but the maid already beat you to it.
"Good morning, [name]. Did you sleep well last night," the maid asked, walking over to you.
You weren't sure what to say, so you nodded your head as a response, which made the woman smile in relief.
"Wonderful! Come along now. You need to eat first and dress up. We have a long day ahead of us."
Again, you nodded your head and ate every last bit of the breakfast, which was better than yours. That maid is nice, but looks can be very deceiving. It was too early to tell. You changed into a maid's outfit and walked with the unnamed maid, who was giving you the tour of the place. The two of you talked, now knowing the woman's name was Mina.
Once the tour was over, you were given a task. An awful, daunting task. Bring Master breakfast and coffee. You had a feeling that said person kidnapped you last night. You hoped it wasn't them.

To be continued...