04

Being single on New Year's would have to be the most embarrassing thing Character B has to go through. The entire year, itself, gave them problems with life, work, relations with people, etcetera. So, they sat at the bar sipping on a drink and isolating themselves from the lively environment.
The moment the ball dropped and the new year arrived, Character B wished to have someone to spend the rest of their life with no matter who they are and what they do. They paid for their drink, walked to their apartment, and slept in their bedroom.
They woke up hours later... in a different bed. Character B groaned in pain from the hangover they're experiencing unfortunately.
"What happened...? This fucking hangover," they murmured while sitting up and rubbing their head.
"You poor thing. You know drinking while being sad isn't healthy for you. You should've just called me to keep you company," a voice spoke, which caused B to start looking around and make eye contact with Character A.
B looked at them strangely and noticed the ring on their finger. It was beautiful, and it looked expensive and it definitely came from a well-known jewelry store. Character A lifted B's hand, which had the same ring they were wearing.
"Your mother/father/guardian arranged us for marriage, remember? They told my family once the new year arrives and we are of age we'll get married," A explained, which caused B to feel a mix of emotions.