Chapter 21

A/N: I REALLY apologize for making y'all wait so long. My week was so incredibly busy. My schedule was completely booked. I left early in the morning every day and didn't get home until right before bed most days. So I had no time at all to write. But I've been frantically writing for the past 4 hours to get this chapter out for y'all tonight. So I hope it's good. :)

The following day the couple took Roland and went shopping for the nursery. Regina fawned over pretty much everything- she wanted to buy it all, from baby clothing to room décor. Luckily, Robin was with her to help keep her from going crazy and spending unnecessary amounts of money.

Regina had found the exact bedding she wanted to use online so she went ahead and ordered it. So since that was taken care of, the main things they needed to purchase today were paint, a crib, dresser, changing table, and whatever décor they found.

So their first stop of the day was to Lowe's. Regina picked out the colors she wanted for the walls- a gallon of light grey paint, a quart of light blue paint, and a quart of white paint. Meanwhile, she sent Robin to go find some painter's tape. Robin also grabbed a few pans to pour the paint onto, and her grabbed two paint rollers and a smaller paint brush. After he got everything he needed to, he met back up with Regina at the front of the store. She had Roland in his carrier and she placed the carrier inside the shopping cart along with the paint cans.

They checked out and then drove to their next destination- Babies "R" Us. Regina immediately rushed towards the baby clothes. She went crazy and picked out a whole cart's worth of clothing before Robin even had time to process what she was doing. But when he finally did, his eyes widened.

"Babe, what in the world is all of this?" he asked.

Regina laughed. "Well he does need clothes. He's grown out of most of the clothes he has."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we need to buy every piece of clothing in this store," he answered.

Regina immediately turned on her puppy dog face. "Come on babe... it's not like we don't have the money. And plus, I'm buying various sizes so he can grow into them all. It'll save us time and money later on." She opened her eyes wide and stuck out her lips as if she were pouting.

Robin sighed. "Fine. But no more clothes shopping. We are only buying what you've picked out so far. The rest of our money needs to be spent on stuff for his room," he stated mater-of-factly. "Let's go look at furniture."

Regina nodded and the little family made their way to the furniture department. They spent a while walking around and observing the different options. Regina knew she wanted white furniture, but there were several styles to pick from. Eventually they decided on one of them. It was your typical crib. A simple white rectangle crib. They also picked out a matching white dresser and changing table. There also happened to be a grey chair with an ottoman in the furniture department. Regina immediately added it to her list of items to order when she checked out.

Roland began to get fussy so Robin picked him up out of his carrier.

"I think he's hungry. I'm gonna go sit in the car with him and feed him, while you finish up in here. Is that ok?" he asked.

"Sure babe. I'll be out shortly," Regina replied.

Robin leaned forward and kissed her quickly before making his way out of the store.

Regina continued shopping and picked out various decorations for the nursery. She found some cute light blue pillows and a few stuffed animals.

After about another 30 minutes of shopping, Regina made her way to the registers. She ordered the furniture and was told it would take about 5-7 business days until it arrived. She gave them the address to Robin's penthouse, and then proceeded to pay for the rests of the items she had picked out. She walked out to the car and saw Roland was sound asleep in his carrier, and Robin had his seat reclined and was also asleep.