Volume 3: Uninhabited Island Exam begins

Start from the beginning

Yato: Scared of you? Nah...

Still with my smirk, I just started looking at the island and the dock...

Yato: No matter if you or anyone planned something to expel me...it's pointless. For the next two weeks, I'll remain here at the starting zone surrounded by staff members and teachers...

I just started looking at her again...

Yato: So nothing can happen to me since I won't do anything or give any occasion to anyone to trick me...

Kushida: ...

She lost her smile, but she didn't seem irritated...Even if I wasn't doubting that she was up to something against me...it just gave me another confirmation that I was right to not worry about Kushida planning something against me since she didn't seem annoyed or bothered by what I just said.

Kushida: So what? You called me here just to show off your "perfect strategy" again?

It might have annoyed her more than I thought after hearing her current voice tone, but I just smiled...

Yato: Nah...like I asked you I just wanted to know what's going on with you cause like I said...

I just started looking at her in the eyes...

Yato: I'm concerned about you. I don't want you to make any mistake or choice you might regret...

Kushida: !!!!

This time her eyes widened, and she truly seemed annoyed...

Kushida: Tsk...that's disgusting...

She just turned around and started walking away...

Yato: Bye bye Kushida~~ If you need something just ask me!

Of course, she didn't answer me and continued her way to join her group...

Yato: ...

I quickly lost interest in her as I started looking at the first-year who almost finished disembarking the ship.

.

.

.

Around the same time

Kiyo Pov:

Horikita: Good morning. Did you sleep well yesterday?

As I waited, I was approached from behind by Horikita, who was carrying a backpack of her own.

Kiyo: Well, more or less. How about you? Are you feeling sick at all?

Horikita: I see you're still patronizing me about what happened last year.

Kiyo: I'm not patronizing you. Just messing with you is all.

She looked at me with an expression of annoyance, wordlessly telling me that there wasn't any difference.

Horikita: At least I don't have to worry about this special exam ending up the same way as the one last year.

It seems what happened last year was still in her mind. How I used the whole situation only to satisfy Chabashira-sensei, who wanted me to take action...but I guess because of that it ended up being my first step with my relationship with Yato and Horikita.

By now, the first-years were almost finished and it would soon be the second-years' turn to get off the ship. The clock struck 9:00 AM and with it, my watch sounded off the first alert of the exam.

As if in unison, practically every student pulled out their tablet and began to check the details, myself included. After all, if we did so once we were off the ship, we'd lose out on time.