PROLOGUE

Cordelia's world used to be a haven of her mum's love and the snugness of their simple abode

Cordelia's world used to be a haven of her mum's love and the snugness of their simple abode. But everything turned on its head when the echoes of war-shattered their peaceful existence. Bombs thundered in the distance, their deafening roars shaking the very foundations of their lives.

With fear clutching their hearts, Cordelia and her mum sought refuge in a small shelter, clinging to each other as the world outside crumbled under the weight of conflict.

When the war eventually ceased, Cordelia's mum made a gut-wrenching decision. They found themselves amid a bustling train station, faces bearing the marks of a nation torn by war. As Cordelia gazed into her mum's eyes, she sensed a mixture of love, sorrow, and determination. Her mum struggled to hold back tears, her voice trembling as she spoke her final words.

"Cora, love, I must send you away for your safety," her mum whispered, her voice drowned by the chaotic bustle around them.

"What about you, Mum?" Cordelia's voice quivered. "Aren't you coming with me?"

Her mum's smile held sorrow as she gently shook her head. "No, but you'll return to me someday after the war, alright?"

Cordelia placed her trust in her mum's words, yet her heart felt heavy as she bid tearful goodbyes, her small hand tightly gripping her mum's until the bustling crowd forced them apart.

"I love you, Mum," she managed to say before being ushered onto the train.

All the children hurried to the window, craning their necks for one last glimpse of their parents, waving their farewells.

Cordelia did the same, her eyes scanning the crowd until she spotted her mum. With a wave of her hand, she tried to convey her love and longing, mirroring the tears in her mum's eyes.

She continued waving until the train began to move, the crowd vanishing from sight. With a sigh, she reluctantly joined other children who had shifted away from the window to find an unoccupied compartment.

After a moment's search, Cordelia was unlucky not to find an empty compartment. Instead, she decided to accompany a group of random children rather than stand-alone.

Navigating her way to the train compartment, Cordelia's eyes met those of four unfamiliar siblings. Their presence, akin to a beacon of hope, drew her in. Each one exuded a distinct aura - Peter, noble and protective; Susan, gentle and wise; Edmund, resilient and curious; and Lucy, innocent and imaginative.

Little did Cordelia know that her encounter with the Pevensie siblings heralded an extraordinary journey. As the train carried them away, fate wove their lives together, entangling them in a destiny beyond their wildest dreams.