Chapter 4

A few months went by. Paige became best friends with Aspen and Emeric. And she and Luke started dating.

Paige was currently at the library, studying with Aspen and Emeric.

"Hey guys." They heard Luke greet.

"Hey Luke..." The three greeted, but stopped when they saw him. He looked different. His large nose and warts were gone. He looked like a normal person, instead of a goblin.

"What happened to you?" Emeric asked.

"A shadow creature fixed my nose and removed my warts." Luke answered.

"What for?" Aspen asked.

"They offered." Luke said, before turning to Paige. "Don't you like it, babe?"

"Babe?" Paige thought. He never called her that.

"You look different." She said.

"I look better now." Luke replied.

"You looked fine before." Paige said.

"If you don't my new look, then we can just break up." Luke said.

"Luke. That's not what I meant." Paige said. "You're acting different too."

"Whatever." Luke said, walking away.

Paige looked a little hurt. She was also confused. Luke had never expressed before not liking how he looked.

A little bit later, Aspen and Emeric had left, but Paige was still in the library. She decided to see if she could find anything about her father.

"Excuse me." She said, going up to the librarian.

"Yes dear?" The librarian asked. "What can I help you with?"

"Are there any book that include the history of Halloweentown and the families that live here?" Paige asked.

"There's an entire section in the back of the library." The librarian instructed, pointing where it is.

"Thank you." Paige said as she headed in that area.

Looking through the books, she couldn't find anything on her family. Or at least, she wasn't able to find anything relating to the name Underwood.

Out of curiosity, she decided to find anything on Kalabar. Mainly because he had had quite an interest in her.

As she was looking around, she got the feeling that was being watched. But, she didn't see anyone around. She shrugged and went back to reading.