Chapter 7

Paige and Aggie started to head back to the house. They noticed Luke following them.

"Family trouble, huh, Grammy?" Luke said. "Guess it's just you again. And your adopted daughter."

"What's it going to take for you to leave us alone." Paige said.

'I know you've got merlin's talisman." Luke said. And he wants it."

"Who is he?" Aggie asked.

"You don't know, huh?" Luke said. "Because he knows all about you and Paige. And about that brew you've been working on too."

"Take me to him." Aggie said.

Luke lead them to movie theatre that was closed. They looked at multiple people just sitting in the theatre, frozen. Aggie went up to someone.

"Harriet?" She said.

They heard laughter and saw someone appearing on the screen. "Welcome to my museum." He said.

"So this is why so many people have disappeared." Aggie said. "First, you put them under an evil spell and then you turn them into statues."

"They're very much alive." The person said. Merely frozen in time, until I need them."

"To do what?" Paige asked. "Destroy our world?"

"I know you have merlin's talisman." The person said. "Give it to me."

"I do have the talisman." Aggie said. "And soon, your hold over the creatures of Halloweentown will be broken forever!"

"You foolish witch!" The figure said. "Do you think your magic is more powerful than mine?"

"Yeah, as if that could happen." Luke added.

"There is nothing you can do to stop me!" The figure continued.

"Zip, nada, zero, goose egg." Luke said.

"I will bend the creatures of this world to my will!" The figure exclaimed. "One by one!"

"Two by two and three by three." Luke went on.

Paige rolled her eyes.

"Will you shut up!" The figure said to Luke.

"Sorry." Luke said.

"Give me the talisman!" The figure demanded of Aggie.

"Never!" Aggie said.

"Then suffer the consequences." The figure warned. He blasted Aggie.

"No!" Paige explained.

"You said she'd be safe!" Luke said.

They heard a door open and turned to see Marnie and her family.

"Mother!" Gwen said.

"I'm outta here." Luke said as he started to head out of the theatre.

"Wastrel youth! Be thee vanquished
by my powers." Gwen said. But the spell went wrong made flowers appear all over Luke.

Paige said a spell and Luke vanished. She smiled with satisfaction. During her training, most of her spells had been incorrect and went wrong. This was the first one went right.

"Way to go, Mom and Paige." Marnie said.

Gwen rushed towards Aggie. The figure went for Aggie again, but hit Gwen instead.

"Stop!" Paige exclaimed.

"Go!" The figure said. "Before you join them."

Paige ran over to the others. She looked back at Aggie.

"Don't worry about us." Aggie said. "It's just a spell that freezes us. Go!"

"Come on." Dylan said, pulling them out of the theatre. "What are we doing? We gotta get back to grandma's house!"

"Not yet." Marnie said.

"Are you crazy?" Dylan exclaimed. "That shadow thing is gonna turn us into statues."

"It isn't gonna follow us." Paige said. "As we were leaving, I noticed that it can't stand the light."

"I want Mommy and Grandma." Sophie said, starting to cry.

Marnie sighed. "Don't worry." She said. "Your big sister is gonna get Mommy and Grandma back."

"You are?" Dylan asked.

"Of course I am." Marnie said, turning to Paige. "If you're willing to help?"

"Yeah, of course." Paige said. "But there are some things we need to get first."

"You're gonna do some shopping?" Dylan asked.

"We have to finish that witches brew." Marnie said. "Getting the talisman lit is our only chance of saving Mom and Grandma."

"I copied the ingredients from Aggie's spell book." Paige said. "Let's go."