Days of Rest

Kotarou swung his bokken trying to get the upper hand. Kaito easily side stepped. Hitting him in the back with his hilt. His little brother fell face first into the ground.

"Kotarou. You telegraph your movements too much still." Kotarou stood up and brushed off the dirt, "I know. Nanashi said that too."

Chuckling he ruffled the genin's hair, "What's the thing every swordman needs to win a fight." Kotarou smiled, "Perfect spacing and the right timing."

"Good. Now Nanashi gave me permission to teach you my sword techniques. I'll teach you Secret Sword Art: Moonlight and the Dance of the Crescent Moon."

Kotarou's eyes lit up, "Yes! I can't wait." Rolling his eyes he got Kotarou working on the basics. The first thing he needed to be able to do was increase his speed. Walking over to the target he decided to demonstrate for him.

Drawing a Kunai he confused his brother, "Secret Art Moonlight." Kotarou could barely follow him. The after images throwing off his location. The dummy fell in two as Kaito flipped the Kunai and put it away, "I want you to be able to do these jutsu with little more then a kunai."

"That was awesome." Kaito just smiled, "Focus your chakra through you whole body." The swordsman walked around Kotarou as he closed his eyes, "It's like tree walking but through your whole body."

Kaito could sense his chakra molding, "Now release it in a singular motion." Kotarou hit the target but Katio could follow him easily, "Again."

They continued for a few hours before Kotarou was laying on the ground with Tobimaru wagging his tail next to him, "Go find your team or friends and rest."

"Thank you Kai! Between you and Nanashi I'll be super strong!" Kaito chuckled as.he ruffled the boy's hair, "You for sure will be."

Kaito watched his little brother leave before leaving himself. Heading to his team's training ground to meet up with his team. Seeing Tenzin and Yakumo cuddling under a tree made the swordsman smile. He couldn't deny they were so cute together.

Laying next to them was Calico and Tenzin's small monkey summon Goru. Waking into the field Kaito called out to them. Yakumo jumped up excited to see him, "Kaito! Calico said you've been working all morning?!"

"Yeah! I was training Kotarou. He is learning so quick! He'll be as good as me for sure." Kaito's smile almost blinded them.

Looking at Calico, "Cali! We could have trained together!" The cat yawned before looking away, "Yeah but I wanted to hang out with Goru!"

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at his nekokin, "What ever. You guys hear anything about Team 7 yet?"

Tenzin shook his head, "No I hope they are alright." Kaito nodded, "Yeah. Naruto is stronger then anyone from our graduating class with his sage mode. I can't imagine something he couldn't handle."

"Maybe so but you're right behind him Kaito." Yakumo said confidently, "Thanks. I did nearly beat Sasuke." They both grimaced thinking back to how he tried killing him.

"I'm sorry Kai. I know seeing him like that wasn't easy." Kaito let his shoulders slump, "No it wasn't. Naruto could have beaten him though. Forced him back this time."

"Shikamaru and Choji wanted to know if we wanted to meet up for lunch." Kaito grinned, "Knowing them we are going for barbecue! Let's go!"

Yakumo chuckled as she helped her boyfriend up. The three arrived at the Akimichi owned restraunt and saw the two boys sitting patiently for them. Sitting in a chair on the side of the table Team 12 told them about everything they went through against the Sound base.