ii

Loretta POV

Kit opens the door to their rental. His friends as well as mine rush inside, laughing and messing about. They're all a little a tipsy. Not like I can say much, I am too. I stand a little away from the doorway, just watching him. He's smiling as he's done something nice and chivalrous. I can't get over him right now. Someone please save me.

He looks at me and meets my gaze. His smile is now somehow even bigger. He grabs my hands and leads me inside. The place is huge. Just the entryway, kitchen, and living room are bigger than my house. A huge balcony wraps around the place. The entire wall between it and the inside is glass. Atlanta looks so beautiful from up here. Sabrina grabs a bottle of wine from her bag and heads out to the deck. Everyone follows her. Kit looks at me and says we don't have to go with them if I don't want to, but I insist. He laughs and holds the glass door for me. Seriously, how is he such a gentleman?

The others start chatting with each other and pouring themselves some drinks. Will turns on a speaker and hands the phone to Yasmin.  She smiles and plays some Taylor. Cruel Summer comes on and everyone is yelling the lyrics off the edge of the balcony. They're preforming for the streets of Atlanta. I join them and start shouting the lyrics. Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. I look at the person's arms and recognize them as Kit's. I turn my head to face him. He smiles and leans his head on mine. I'm not sure if the others notice, but I don't really care. I hold onto his arms that are still around me.

Several more Taylor songs play and I sing every word. The next song to play is very soft and sweet.

You're so pretty
When you smile, it kills me

I immediately fall in love with the song. I turn to Yas and ask who sings it. She and her friends laugh a little and point to Will, saying that he and his sister made it. I then begin to dote on him and compliment his talent. He just brushes it off like it's no big deal, but the song is incredible. I'm obsessed with them already.

Liv hands me a cup of wine. I take it and begin sipping on it. I offer some to Kit, but he declines it politely. I shrug and exclaim that it's more for me. He laughs at me and I swear he kisses the top of my head, but surely I'm imagining it, right?

Kit POV

Holy shit, I just kissed her. Well, it's just the top of her head, but still. Luckily for me, she doesn't seem to notice. That might've been really awkward.  Yas keeps playing Taylor Swift. I recognize a few songs but not many. Loretta knows them all and I'm very impressed. I'm so obsessed with her. I hold her a little tighter and she's receptive to my gesture. She's so insanely beautiful as she sways and sings in my arms.

The music continues for an hour. Some other people add songs to the queue. There's a lot of variety now. I recognize a few more songs. Most of them are easy to dance to. Everyone is dancing around and acting crazy. Loretta and I laugh at them and their antics. No one is really looking at us strangely. She's got a cup of wine in her hand that she sips on for a bit.

After a while, her movements slow. As it is getting late, I assume she might be getting tired. Someone starts playing some Hozier songs. It's finally something more my speed. I'm quietly singing along when I feel Loretta turn around bury her face in my chest. It's takes me by surprise, but I soon get used to it. I wrap my arms around her back and sway with her. Her movements once again begin to slow. I ask her if she's getting tired. She sheepishly nods her head.

I search for Yas and find her dancing and singing with Olivia and Joe. I get her attention and she comes over to us. I ask her if I could take Loretta to her room and let her lay down. She says that I of course can but asks why I don't take her to my room. I tell her that I don't want to make her uncomfortable and she's had a bit too much to drink. She smiles and kisses my cheek and tells me to come back when I'm done. I say I will and she walked back to the group. Loretta is still wrapped around me. I put my hands on her shoulders and push her back slightly so I can see her face. Her beautiful brown hair is falling in her eyes. I smile and ask if she'd like to lay down. She says yes, so I wrap one arm around her and guide her back into the penthouse.