i

Loretta POV

Tonight, I'm performing at the Eras Tour. Yeah, that Eras Tour. As a lifelong Swiftie, it's absolutely insane to me that I'm opening for the Taylor Swift. Also, she's incredibly sweet. Funny enough, our parents actually know each other, but that's now how I got this gig. Taylor found me when my song "I miss you, I'm sorry" went viral. We met up for coffee when I was doing a show in New York. I think we really connected that night. The next night, she came to show and stayed backstage. At the time, she wasn't touring, but when she was planning her newest and biggest tour, she reaches out to me of all people. I don't think I stopped screaming for days.

The next week, I was meeting her in Nashville for a team meeting. There were so many people there. Her team is actually huge. I met the other opening act there, Sabrina Carpenter. She was not only talented but stunning as well. For a moment, I was intimidated. Before I knew it, though, she came up to me and struck up a conversation. She was so excited to meet me and be on tour with me. Any anxiety I'd had previously melted away.

Eventually, Taylor came in. She was beautiful as always, but she immediately complimented Sabrina and I. I blushed a little as I'm not that great at taking compliments. The three of us sat at one end of the long conference table. We chatted while waiting on some techs to set up the presentation and for the last of management to come in from their offices. Taylor asked me so many questions about myself. I felt so special in that moment. She commented on my name, but didn't ask about it. I knew as a Nashville native, she knew the origins of my name. Then, she asked me where I was from. I told her I actually also a Nashville native. Her face lit up as she whisper-yelled, "shut up!" She continued asking about my life and my family. When she heard my parents' names, she covered my mouth in shock. I was terrified, but she dropped her hand and exclaimed that our parents were friends. This was news to me. I asked if she was sure and she showed me a picture of them at lunch together. We just laughed wildly and I said I'd have a talk with my parents later. So, before anybody says anything, I'm not a nepo baby because Taylor and I didn't know each through our families.

The rest of the meeting went off without a hitch. The accountant discussed mine and Sabrina's pay. I was in shock as it was a very generous amount. I won't disclose that exact number, but I could buy my own house in Nashville with that and Lord knows that housing market is no joke. My manager joined into the meeting via call as she was stuck in Los Angeles with another client. She slyly sent me a text saying: Finally in the big leagues xx.

Anyway, that was months ago. Back to tonight: I'm opening in Atlanta, GA. This isn't my first show, but it is special. One of very best friends, Olivia, is coming to see the show. Yes, Olivia, as in Olivia Rodrigo. I could not wait. We haven't seen each since the tour started because we've been so busy. I believe she's wanting to hang out after the show. I'm not sure, though. Speak of the devil, there she is now texting me.

 Speak of the devil, there she is now texting me

I smile at her texts. I know most people might not be happy about their friend bringing extra people to events, but I honestly love it. I love meeting new people. Sure, I'm a bit awkward at first, but I'm a very friendly person when I open up. Anyway, who is Joe Locke? I open my browser on my laptop and start searching his name.