ix , pretty priviledge

Start from the beginning

i quickly backtracked, trying to clarify. "uh... no. my dagger just pinched him in the head, that's all," i said nervously, hoping to downplay the situation.

"wait what—" i grimaced, fearing that luffy might just flung me off to space like he did with buggy.

but then, zoro, my savior, piped up with a distraction. "hey, does that butler seem familiar to you guys?"

"yeah, i think he was at the last dinner party i attended," nami chimed in, her curiosity getting the better of her as she poked her head out of the changing room.

"i swear i've seen him somewhere before," zoro added as he settled down in a chair, his swords taking precedence as always.

"don't you think the gardener seems familiar too?" i mused, gazing up at the ceiling and gripping the edge of the bench i was leaning on.

"the one with the mask?" Luffy questioned.

"yeah, i feel like i've seen him before," i replied, pondering the mystery.

zoro's stern voice pulled my attention back. "(name)."

"zoro," i teased.

"i need to talk to you about something," luffy blinked. his ears perking up at the conversation, prompting zoro to emphasize, 

"privately."

i couldn't resist poking a little fun. "why, you gonna confess your undying love to me? is that what it is? no need to be shy," i teased, tilting my head at him.

zoro simply continued to glare at me.

"uh, i mean sure, after dinner perhaps?" i added nervously, trying to defuse the situation with humor.

it's my defense mechanism after all.

"sounds good."

nami walked out of the changing area once more, her attire now a striking long black dress with a cropped, glittery jacket on top of it. she struck a pose and asked, "how's this?"

luffy stuck to his initial opinion. "still nami."

zoro, consistent in his preferences, reiterated, "i said i'm wearing black."

nami sighed in exasperation. "i hate you guys... except (name)." she stomped over to the clothes hanging on the left.

i couldn't let her confidence waver, so i jumped in with a compliment. "don't listen to them; they're just jealous. you look stunning."

nami responded with a wink in my direction, and i playfully sent flying kisses her way, causing zoro to scowl in disgust at our antics.

luffy stood up and began to walk around the room, pondering aloud, "you know, i feel kind of bad for kaya. all this stuff, all this space, it's gotta make a person feel... lonely."

"better to be lonely than broke," i replied nonchalantly.

nami, still searching for the perfect dress, chimed in with her perspective. "rich people don't have the same emotions we do. this stuff doesn't make her feel lonely; it makes her feel important."

zoro and i exchanged knowing glances, silently acknowledging their ongoing debate.

luffy, undeterred, expressed his optimism. "well, usopp likes her, and she invited us to dinner. i'm sure we can work out a way to get that ship."

nami added a dose of skepticism, stating, "no way. rich people don't stay rich by giving things away."

luffy, always up for a challenge, countered, "you want to bet?"