Chapter 1

" We are here Nimi" Clement said, jolting me back to reality. "Thank you" I said, getting down from the car and prepping myself to face the reality that was right before me.

Marksville Academy was one large school, much larger than precious models girls college. It was truly a sight to behold, it had six buildings and all were bustling with activities. It also had huge black gates which had an "M" inscribed in it

I headed towards the building that had a bold inscription "Administrative Building" on it. I did a mental check to make sure I came with all the necessary documents.
I was ushered into the waiting room,where I met several other parents and students also waiting to be attended to. I then wished my mother had come with me,but I knew it wouldn't happen,not in my lifetime.

My mom and dad had never followed me to my school before, calls were always made in advance so I would be attended to on time. And at worst, Mama Grace would be there to represent them.

Marksville uniform really looks good on me, I have to admit. It was way better than my former school uniform, I always looks like a nun in them .
I wiped my sweaty palm on my skirt,as I was a little bit nervous as it was my first time in a new school after a long time and I didn't know what lay ahead for me.

" Excuse me" a voice said to me, jolting me back to reality and interrupting my thoughts. I looked up to see a petite woman with thick glasses and a very wide smile looking at me.
"Are you Oluwalonimi Ronald" she asked
"Yes" I replied almost instantly and she showed me into the principals office.
The principal was a short plump woman, who had a benignant smile masked on her face. Why was everyone smiling at me, it felt weird and I didn't know how to feel.

"Good morning ma'am" I said in my most courteous voice, as I was taught in my former school. The principal took are time to take me in, while I continued to stare at her joker-like face.
"Good morning Miss Ronald" she said breaking the defeaning and uncomfortable silence.
" Welcome to Marksville Academy" she said before ordering me to sit down. She began her pep talk on how Marksville Academy only accepted the best students and is the best school in the whole of Lagos state, she narrated the motto of the school, and how the school upheld morals and discipline and blah blah blah. This woman was worse than my former school principal Mrs Smith.
Mrs Smith would literally ask us to recite the school motto, anthem, pledge and biography every morning so all students will remember and be of good behavior. Ughhhh I really hope I do not have to deal with that here.

After about thirty minutes of pep talk, I was asked to submit my documents to that petite woman who I learnt was Miss Victoria from the principal.
" Your books will be available for pick up tomorrow" she said on my way out. I submit my documents and I was to be shown to my class by my form teacher Miss Angel, who was already waiting for me outside the principal's office.
It seems this school has a lot of female teachers, not that I'm complaining but I've seen too much of them in my former school, and I was hoping to have experiences with male teachers. Let's see how it goes though.

" It's second week of resumption already so you won't be going through any orientation and it will be easy to find your way around as you might have noticed" Miss Angel said smiling genuinely at me. Her smile caught me off guard, although it was still weird, it seems to be the only genuine smile I have gotten in a while.
We walk through the second building adjoining the administrative block, which had the inscription "SS2 block" on it and we arrive in front of SS2 Peace, as the inscription in front said.

" Are you ready", she asks .

Heyyy guys, sorry I'm posting late and this chapter is short, been busy lately 🥺 but as I said I promise to take time to update regularly.
What do you think of this chapter?
How do you think Nimi's first day experience will be?
What's your first day experience like, on a new school?

Thanks for reading guys, votes and comments are highly appreciated.

Be nice though.
Byeee🥰