The Sailor & The Mermaid

You invite Steve over to test out couples costumes for his Halloween party — fem!reader

Warnings: sexual-ish themes

Words: 0.8k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

You had even invited Steve over under the pretenses of you showing him Halloween costumes for a party with your all friends at the end of the month, but he had never really thought that was your main objective. He was wrong.

As soon as he knocked on the door, you had pulled him inside and sat him down on the couch. He still was under the impression you were using codes to get him into your pants—as if you need that—so his smile fell when you stood up from beside him and grabbed a pair of large, brown shopping bags.

"I bought a bunch, but I can return any that we don't like, okay? So don't feel bad for saying no to any of them."

He already had a frown on his face. "Shouldn't I be saying no to most of them? Why would we have more than one?"

You shook your head like it was obvious. "What if we want to do a costume change part way through the night?"

"How about I just nod like that's something people do normally and you just start showing me the costumes?"

You just ignored his attitude because you knew it was going to change as you kept going. "So this is the first one. We can be Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein!" You held up two matching costumes, the one meant for you clearly much more nice than the large ripped suit meant for him.

"Sweetheart—"

You stopped him before he could complain. "I know what you're going to say. 'It's actually Frankenstein's Monster', I know too, but it's easier to say."

"No, I was going to say I'm not putting on a bunch of green makeup for a costume. Just move on to the next one."

You frowned to match him for just a second, then put the costumes on the arm of the recliner next to you. You reached into one of the bags and pulled out the next pair of costumes.

"Okay, and here we have Lois Lane & Superman."

Steve replied instantly. "Pass."

You knew this one would be a long shot too, but you still kept trying. "If you don't want to wear the Superman outfit, you could just wear a normal suit and be Clark Kent."

He rolled his eyes. "And dress like my dad at a party? Double pass."

Your shoulders slumped. You had hoped Steve would be at least a little bit receptive to the outfits you were showing him. Instead of fighting him on it, you just moved on again.

"Okay, what about a cowboy and a cowgirl?"

He smiled, like he thought of a joke, then you found out what he was thinking when he spoke. "Save a horse, right, babe?"

You smiled and put the costumes down on the other arm than you had put the last two. A first in your 'yes' pile. "So you like them?" You asked happily.

Then Steve shook his head. "Sorry, babe. It's just that we're gonna stand out so much when all those nerds are dressed like lizard people or something like that."

You reluctantly moved the clothes to the 'no' pile and then looked at the last costume in the paper bags. You sighed, lifting up the bag without showing him the costume yet.

"Okay, well, Stevie, this is my last costume. I was thinking maybe you can put on your Scoops Ahoy uniform from this summer..." You ignored Steve already shaking his head at the idea of wearing that get-up again and you pulled out the costume you had for yourself. "And I can wear this. We can be a sailor and a mermaid! Please tell me you like it."

Steve didn't say anything, instead he just stared at the sparkly tail and shell bralette in your hands. He blinked, and you were scared it was just because he thought it was too slutty and hated it.

"You would be wearing that at the party?"

Your head dropped slightly, and so did your voice. "Yeah, I mean, if it's just gonna be you and our friends."

"I love it." He said honestly. "I'll even wear that stupid uniform if it means you have that on all night."

You sat next to him and pressed a giddy kiss to his cheek. "Really, Stevie?!"

He nodded and moved you to sit on his lap so he could finally do what he's been wanting to do since you called him over. "I'll be counting the days until Halloween."

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺