ᶠⁱᶠᵗᵉᵉⁿ

ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉˢᵉʳᵗᵉʳ

˳༄꠶

         "𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜!" Sokka complained loudly while holding his stomach to amp up the dramatics.

Rhea moved her eyes over to him without moving her head, "You're always hungry."

"I bet we'll find something to eat here," Aang pointed to a poster, "the Fire Day's Festival. 'Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians. . . This would be a great place to study some real firebenders." 

Rhea immediately shook her head, "Aang, there's an order for Avatars to learn the elements. You can't argue with centuries of trial and error."

"Well, it can't hurt to look. . . can it?"

Sokka now interjects, "Uh, yeah, it can, bud." He points to the other poster next to the festival: "You're a wanted man here."

"Cool!"

"Not cool!" 

Parents one and two yelled and dragged him away. Katara gave the wanted poster a once over and agreed with the older two. "I think we better get moving."

Aang threw his hands up. "This could be my only chance to see a fire-bending master up close who's not trying to attack me! I can't pass this up."

Katara looked like she was about to be swayed into going, but Sokka and Rhea didn't have it. It was practically a trap for dummies—Aang was the dummy in this case.

"What? You want to walk into a Fire Nation town where everyone's all fired up with their. . . you know, fire?"

"Good word choice, babe."

"Thank you. . . you're being sarcastic, aren't you?"

"You bet."

Katara ignores the two and motions for Aang to follow her to Appa, "We'll wear disguises, and if it looks like trouble, we'll leave."

This time, Rhea beat Sokka to the punch, "No offense, Katara, but the fire nation isn't necessarily known for their dark skin. Me, you, and Sokka would need more than a disguise to hide that. And don't say mixed parents, because while yes, I have those, neither of the two is fire." She took a deep breath before using Sokka as an armrest, "Also, name a time we have left before you or Aang caused some trouble. Unless it was me dragging your asses out of there, we never did."

Unexpectedly, Sokka began to sniff the air, getting a look from the taller girl.  "Oh. . . but their food does smell good."

Rhea groaned before smacking his head, doing nothing to snap him out of his food daze. Aang apparently saw Sokka smelling food as a sign they were going because he started putting on the worst disguise in the world while he told Appa and Momo to stay hidden.

"Aang, at least put back the old man disguise from Oma-" the loudest grumble to grace the group erupted from Rhea's stomach, cutting her off with her hand outstretched. "-shu. Fine! But only for food."

Katara and Aang start arguing about who gets one of the black cloaks, while Sokka gets up close and personal to Rhea's face, making her raise a brow and asking, "Can I help you?"

 He sighed wistfully, "Oh, nothing. I just wanted to tell you I thought that stomach grumble was cute."

Rhea crinkled her nose and shoved him away by putting her hand on his face. She put on her own disguise from Omashu, but in addition to the headband around her head, she took a sari out of her bag and used it to cover her hair and the rest of her. It was too hot for anything else at the moment, and she always preferred cooler weather.