Kit huffed out of bitterness at that thought.

Yeah, a family. They haven't been one since Brandon disappeared.

"This guild is just a bad memory! A reminder that we're all weak and useless! I hate this guild. I hate it!" Ritchie said as he sent one last attack at Divinus. Which turned the already-destroyed island into a crater.

Kit coughed at all the dust as she saw some of the other members try to stand while their wasted excuse of a guild leader stood opposite of them. God, he was really starting to piss her off.

Her anger kept growing as she watched Ritchie relax his form so he could tilt his head and stare down at them with uninterested eyes.

"See what you make me do."

Now that.

That pushed her over the edge because how dare he act like this is their fault, like they're making him do this.

"Maybe if you sobered up and actually tried being a decent guild leader, we wouldn't be in this situation, and Brandon would be back by now," Kit snarled at her once well-respected guild leader.

"That probably wasn't smart to say," Lucas warned as he fully stood up from the ground.

She knows that was a low blow, but she had had enough with Ritchie.

"What did you just say?" Richie turned to glare at Kit. "I'm not trying?" She realised how pissed off Ritchie was as lighting sparks appeared around him.

"Like, I haven't ravaged every dark guild in Atlantide searching for him. I punished more criminals this week than I had in two years looking for him." Ritchie summoned an attack in his hand and aimed it at Kit. "I am trying, you annoying little girl." He snarled as he sent off the attack at her.

Kit was sure at that moment that she was going to die. Even though they were reacting to protect her, none of them would've made it in time. She knew that. She knew all of them knew it too.

Except him.

Because he got to her on time. But he was just not early enough to save himself as well.

..

...

..

Silence.

That is what came over the island. At least that's what Kit guessed happened. She couldn't look away from him.

Tapio. Her best friend, who is now bleeding out right in front of her.

She couldn't look away from him. She couldn't look away from his bleeding body which had a hole in his chest where she could see his organs.

Her knees gave out, but she still couldn't look away, even when she felt like throwing up everything in her stomach. She kept looking. It was as if Tapio would wake up and there would be no hole in his chest. He would tell her that he's okay. But he isn't. Because he's dead.

Oh God...

Tapio's dead.

Because he took a shot meant for her. Ritchie killed him. He shot that attack. All because she decided to berate Ritchie.

This is all her fault.

No. It's Ritchie's; he is the one wasted and attacking his own guild.

And Kit decided to poke the bear with a stick when she knew that wasn't a good idea.