BE MY ONLY ONE

❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.❞

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝘽𝙀𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝘿𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙈𝙎 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙔, 𝙄𝙎 𝘾𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝘼𝘾𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉. From the moment Yorei Fujita met the Luffy, her life was never dull again. No more did she rest in bed, bored with nothing to do. The second her eyes met his mischievous ones, she knew she was in for a treat. For when Luffy discovered his dream, not even the biggest sea monster could stop him from achievement, and she had no choice but to tag along.

Or at least, that's what she thought.

𝙒𝙃𝙄𝙇𝙀 𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙍𝙀𝙄'𝙎 𝘽𝙀𝙎𝙏 𝙌𝙐𝘼𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙄𝙀𝙎 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝘼𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙀𝙎𝙎, 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙐𝙇𝘿𝙉'𝙏 𝘽𝙀 𝙎𝘼𝙄𝘿 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙒 𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝘽𝙊𝙔. He trusted too easily, his heart was stitched to his hat for the ocean to see. He wore his emotions bare, not a mask in sight but a welcoming smile. He was met with allies just as easily as he was met with betrayal. But while he cried with a grin, she sharpened her knife. Yorei threw caution more than fishermen threw bread. She stood from afar and judged character from observation alone. While Luffy let people in with a smile and a towel on his arm ready to serve like he was a waiter, Yorei had a Keep out or die sign on the door with an arrow and a trip wire not far from it.

Luffy couldn't build his walls up like Yorei. He didn't shield his vulnerability from the world like her either. Instead, he left his heart open and free of charge with his arms spread and his legs tied, while Yorei built towers and sailed war ships with her heart buried down under in a chest, sunken below into the depths of the sea. This was both his greatest strength, and biggest weakness. Just as much as hiding was hers.

𝙎𝙃𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝘿 𝙉𝙊 𝘼𝙈𝘽𝙄𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉, 𝙉𝙊 𝙋𝘼𝙎𝙎𝙄𝙊𝙉, 𝙉𝙊 𝙁𝙇𝙊𝙒. Luffy claimed that everyone had a dream, whether it was about finding what was missing or being better than the best, everyone wanted something. Something that would make them happy, something that would make them stand out, something that would make them complete. But the odd thing about Yorei was that she had no dream.

Sure, she'd want something every once in a while, like a cup of water on a sunny day, or a book to read that didn't have pages ripped out and words smudged. But those were wants, not dreams. Dreams, that would bloom from birth or blossom from a random interest. Dreams, that stained skin like a tattoo, never leaving, permanent. Dreams, that made people who they were, and shaped them into what they later become, wether accomplished or not. But she was fine, no interests, no stained skin, no shapes.