Chapter 3: (A Chocolate Chip Cookie)

'Oh shit.'

You really screwed up this time.

"I uh...I-"

The guard rolled his eyes with a loud huff that rustled his bushy moustache, his rough Welsh accent shining through as he let go of your collar "Look kid, I ain't fond of the big man myself so I'm not about to go saunterin' to tell him about this. But I'm warning you. I better not see you around here again or we'll both be in deep shit. Got it? Now go on."

He gently pushes you back towards the stairs.

You didn't think twice about it before bolting back to where you came from. When you were almost at the top though, you couldn't help but sneak one final glance at the mysterious being, now looking slightly more comfortable thanks to the blanket an pillow.

He was staring straight at you but this time, to your pleasant surprise, it wasn't as intense as before, maybe even slightly curious.

You sent a small wave his way before booking it back to your room, flopping down into bed and heading to sleep with a lighter heart.

....................................................

That morning you were woken up by the shrill buzz of the doorbell once more. You heard Mr. Burgess call out to Mr. Sykes and Alex. You were just about to fall back to sleep when you heard a strange voice inside the house.

You quickly got up and put on your slippers from last night, quietly going over to the railing that peeped over the first floor to get a look at who was inside the mansion. There you found a tidy blond man with a chiseled face strolling his way around the first floor. Was he wearing sunglasses indoors?

Despite being crouched down, the man looked up towards the railing before spotting you peeking at the scene through the intricate wooden railing. He shot you a small smile, raising his hand and waving slightly towards you. Curious about the stranger, you stayed rooted in place but nonetheless waved back .

The second Mr. Burgess turned the corner you slunk back enough so you could hear the conversation but not be seen. The man's smile had fallen at how quick you were to leave but thought nothing of it.

"Do I know you?" questioned the Magus.

"No, but I know all about you, Roderick," the peculiar man replied in a sing-songy way,

"and the being you've trapped in your cellar."

That immediately piqued your interest.

A groggy looking Alex came out of his bedroom before making his way next to you to look over the balcony.

"Blackmail, then, is it? A shakedown?" It was clear Mr. Burgess didn't trust the stranger.

"Not at all. I'm here to help you. You're gonna need all the help you can get."

That was the last you heard of the mysterious conversation before they both walked into the study, shutting the door to continue their chat.

You turned to Alex, "What do you think that was all about?"

He shrugged. "Let's go get breakfast, yeah?"

On your way to the kitchen, you caught sight of the two men making their way towards the front door. The man with the sunglasses saw you waving at you once more before taking his leave.

Alex went over with Mr. Sykes briefly to the door to observe the departure of the strange man with the cream colored suit.

You never saw him again.

....................................................

After you finished eating the delicious breakfast that Mr. Sykes had prepared for the both of you, Mr. Burgess didn't take long before beckoning Alex to his study. Probably to boss him around again.