Mind of a Child Pt.3

Start from the beginning

Her expression hardened. "That said, if they have removed all traces of our existence, as though we never were, including the fact that Domino lies at the center of our universe, then I fear that the Magix Dimension is far more dangerous for you. There could be agents of the council lurking in the shadows, searching for any remnant of information on classified topics. I fear that you could be imprisoned purely to keep the silence." 

The Fudge Administration was the perfect example of this. They used every media source to run both my--Harry's name, and Dumbledore's through the mud when they insisted that Voldemort had risen again. 

The ICW was another example. When Grindelwald escaped Nunguard, they tried to hide that information from the global Wizarding World, which ended up giving the fucking maniac time to raise over a thousand Inferi in four different continents within the span of three months. 

All because those in power didn't want to give up their comfy seats. There is a reason why I hate politicians with a vengeance, and will do nearly anything to avoid them. 

"You're not exactly wrong." I scowled. "No one believes in the existence of the Dragon Flame anymore, and my history professor has insisted that the existence of the Great Dragon is nothing more than a myth." 

Daphne's expression was grim. "If even Alfea's professors enforce this, then it is more dangerous than I thought." 

She shakes her head--likely stunned that the intergalactic leaders would just erase us from existence, despite centuries of history and bonds--before adding, "Even then, this has likely given our other enemies time to prepare, and continue their hunt for the Dragon Flame undetected. They wouldn't be fooled by an information blackout." 

"Hagan said that our parents died killing the Ancestresses." I couldn't help but inject with a frown. "I think, he called it a 'dark vortex of power', which I think was a black hole that they used to kill the witches with, going down themselves to close it. They should be dead." 

She nodded slowly, processing the information but able to not let it weigh her down--something I was amazed at, considering how I handle startling and painful information--before saying mournfully, "I wasn't aware of the specifics, but It does bring me solace knowing that our parents brought those bastards to justice." 

I gawked at her, and she winked at me. "If we indulge in swearing every once in a while, no one needs to know." 

I shook my head, wanting to get back on track. Thank Merlin that I remembered everything that goes on in my mind, otherwise, I'd be struggling to recall this later on. I WILL be reviewing this conversation with a fine-toothed comb. "Is the Magix Dimension more dangerous than Earth?" 

Daphne winced. "I would say no, but mainly because we have no way of knowing how your adoptive mother's fairy kingdom was brought to ruin. Our enemies--the ones that aren't imprisoned or dead--are in hiding, and for the moment, you are hidden." 

"But I can't stay hidden forever," I murmured, an icy fear tightly gripping my heart. I had to take a moment and force myself to breathe, despite not really needing to. It just helped whenever I felt like I was on the verge of a panic attack. "Sooner or later, someone will figure out what my powers really are. Word will spread, and our enemies will find out. And potential enemies." 

"You already suspect some." It wasn't a question. 

I nodded, thankful that she was more perceptive than she seemed (I likely will regret that later on though). "Faragonda, mainly." I hesitated at her disapproving look, thinking. "I don't know about anyone else." I carefully avoided any mention of the Trix.