Redheads and Rebels

As evening came along and the afternoon sunlight began to fade away, nowhere in particular was still quite empty, but not as much as it is during the daytime. Uncle Clarion took Zach and I to Sams got grub for dinner which was just a small walk from the house. The small resturaunt had practically most fast food resturaunts would have: burgers, fries, milkshakes, soda, etc. Zach, Clarion, and I all crammed into a booth and waited for somebody to wait on us. The atmosphere wasn't a surprise. It looked kind of 50's , but with a bunch of truck drivers sitting at the bar.

"This place has the best burgers and shakes. You have to get one!" Uncle Clarion explained.

Just what I was craving! A teenage girl that looked just about my age walked up wearing a pink diner girl outfit with a perfectly clean apron and roller skates. The thing I noticed the most about her was her flaming red hair and her sapphire blue eyes. She was absolutely beautiful, but what made her more beautiful was that she has an air about her that makes her seem that she doesn't really realize how beautiful she truly is. Which I think is something I don't see in many pretty girls. Her freckles splashed across her fair face made her seem happy and welcoming," Hi Hank! Oh I see you have guys this time! Hi I'm Rachael!" she reached her hand out and Zach and I each took our turn to shake it.

"I'm Callia and this is my friend Zach. I'm Hank's Neice, it's nice to meet you!"

Rachael looked ecstatic or more excited. I don't know which,"How long are you staying in Nowhere in Particular?"

"The rest of the summer," I hoped I sounded happy. Compared to Rachael everyone seemed like a storm cloud over her rainbow, but you need rain to see a rainbow right?

"No way! That's so exciting! Maybe we all could hang out sometime? I thought nobody was ever going to come visit this boring old town again! There's not many nice people my age that... Well nevermind! What can I get you all to drink?" She spoke so quickly, but I understood all that she said. She's someone Zach and I would definitely want to hang out with this summer.

We ordered our drinks and Rachael rolled off on her skates to get them.

Zach sighed,"She's really nice. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of her soon, besides the fact that she's our waitress."

"Haha, definitely!" As soon as I replied Rachael was already rushing over with Uncle Clarions extra sweet tea, Zach's rootbeer, and my Dr. Pepper.

"So, you all ready to order?" Rachael looked at us questionably.

We all ordered a burger, fries, and a milkshake. "Enjoy your meal!" As soon as Rachael walked away we stuffed our big meaty burgers into our mouths. I haven't realized how hungry I was ever since my eventful day. I looked at Zach sitting across from me with Uncle Clarion and saw that his knuckles were still red from punching Jake in the eye. Uncle Clarion noticed Zach's knuckles,"Well look at that! Why happened to your hand there?"

Zach looked surprised that he noticed and had to tell the truth,"Oh, my knuckles... Well some jerk guy was irritating Callia and I earlier so... I punched him in the eye."

Uncle Clarion choked on his big gulp of his sweet tea,"What?! Dang boy! You must've hit him hard for your knuckles to still be red! Who did you punch?" The door of the resturaunt opened when Jake walked in with his big, purple, golf ball looking eye. I silently

Slid down in my seat and tried to cover my face with a menu.

"I think I know now," Uncle Clarion said. Everyone in the bar turned around to look at Jake and his crew. Mainly Jake an his black eye. Rachael came by to get refills for our drinks and looked a little nervous. I mouthed to Zach 'What do we do?' Which was replied with a shrug.

Too late. Jake saw me and then saw Zach and gave him a vengeful glare. Rachael looked kind of anxious like something was going to happen,"Well, well, well. If it isn't pretty girl with spirit, Hawaiian punch and Hank. How you doin' Hank?"

"Mighty fine, thank you. How are you? You seem a little blue right now!" Uncle Clarion started laughing at his own joke and so did I. Uncle Clarion pounded his fist on te table from his laughter.

Jake looked embarrassed. Ha! He deserves it,"Ha. Ha. Very funny. It's not my fault here that your hot niece's boyfriend socked me in the face!"

"Well it's not my fault that you went behind your girly friend's back and asked my Niece out!" Uncle Clarion said back.

"Janet and I are not dating!"

"Then how come I caught you and Janet smooching around in my backyard? It's called karma buddy." Wow. Do I love my Uncle Clarion right now!

"Whatever. See ya around Hank," Jake and his crew turned around to leave.

"Nice talking to you!" Uncle Clarion yelled.

"That was close. Uncle Clarion! You deserve another peach pie!" I exclaimed.

"Bout' time I hit the couch!" He said as he patted his gut.

Zach ran his hand through his blond but almost brunette hair and leaned back against the booth and sighed,"Thanks Hank. Can I call you that?"

"Call me a lazy, old geezer with no life if that pleases you," Uncle Clarion said.

I started laughing because it sort of was true. Zach and Uncle Clarion looked at me like I was going insane,"What? Can't a girl laugh every once in a while?"

"Every once in a while? Callia, you laugh all the time," it's true, I believe laughter is what keeps people going in life. It's our fuel to not break down in the middle if an intersection.

Rachael walked up to our booth with a check and looked at Zach in disbelief,"You actually punched Jake?

THE Jake Samson! No one has ever done something so daring before!" and then she looked at me,"And you Callia! You turned down Jake Samson! No girl has ever rejected him!"

"Well there's always a first," I said as I was contemplating how Jake could get a girl. Yeah he was incredibly cute, but personality? None.

After Uncle Clarion paid the check and we thanked Rachael, we walked back home. We all plopped down on Uncle Clarion's lumpy large sectional and decided to watch a scary movie that was quite cheesy in my opinion. I was beginning to doze off, when I heard someone talking and arms wrap around me and pick me up. I heard them walking up the stairs while carrying me. I knew we were in my room as soon as they laid me down on my bed and whispered in my ear,"Goodnight Callia." That voice was the last one I heard that night before I fell asleep. I knew whose voice that was. It was soft, deep, sweet and Zach's. How he carried me up the stairs I don't know, but I knew in my sleepy head that today was an eventful day. I also wondered if everyday will be as eventful as this one. Then I realized, that this had only been the first day of my long summer with Jake, Rachael, Uncle Clarion, and Zach. The one person I just met, but that I despise. The redhead that had a personalityto match her hair. The Uncle that loved pie and milkshakes. And the boy that's my best friend. My best friend that put an orange wildflower in my hair, punched a guy in the face, and carried me up to my room all in one day.