Chapter 87

"Happy holidays!" Cheryl cheered, holding the bag full of gifts up to Luke's face as he opened his front door. "What?" Luke asked, a smile growing bigger on his face. "Or maybe i shouldve said surpise first...anyway, surprise!" Cheryl grinned. "My mom sends her love to you, your mom, dad and brothers this christmas. Well my mom and dad....and me!" She giggled.

"I see...." Luke grinned at her. "Whats in there?" Luke asked, pointing to the bag. "I have no clue! My mom goes all out sometimes. Maybe its music related, it feels like a damn speaker! ah" She groaned out switching hands to hold it. "Come in! Sorry" Luke smiled as he stood aside to let her in. Cheryl wiped the bottom of her boots off on the mat at the door before heading in.

"Well, my mom is still out right now" He told her. "Really?! wow." Cheryl smiled as she headed into the living room with Luke. Soon Molly made an appearence. "Ah, theres my girl! Oh my gosh, how are you?!" Cheryl grinned as she put down the bag and petted Molly who started to jump up to her. "She cant answer you back...but she's fine" Luke chuckled. "Funny" Cheryl gave him a look before smiling. "Ahh, whos a good girl?!" She spoke as Molly licked her hand. "See, thats kisses" Cheryl smiled.

"Down, Molly!" Luke told her as she took her from Cheryl's arms. "Dont be rude" He told her, soon the dog sat staring. "Awwh, dont be mean!" Cheryl turned to Luke. Luke shrugged as he smiled at her. Looking around his large living room she took in the new decorations. "Wow, lovely tree. Its new" Cheryl told Luke, as if he didnt already know. "Yeah, my mom and dad got a new one this year. Its nice" He smiled, and nodded.

Cheryl took the bag full of gifts and sat it under the tree, next to other presents. "Well...merry christmas" Cheryl smiled as she stood up straight again. "Oh and here" She walked over to him and took the candy canes from her pocket and handed them to him. "Oh cool, thanks" He chuckled. "You want something to drink or eat?" Luke asked. "Nah, i had lunch earlier with my mom. Then hot chocolate" She stuck out her tongue, as if she'd had enough.

"Okay, well you want to come up. I was just watching some shows" He smiled at her. "Sure, sounds cool" Cheryl nodded as they headed out his living room and to his stairs. They got into his room, and Cheryl looked around the room, memories flashing back to her. "Wow..." She quietly spoke, sounding like a whisper. Luke took his gutiar from his bed and smiled. "No no, keep playing...dont stop on my account" She smiled at him.

"Its fine. Dont worry." He cleared his throat. After a moments silence Cheryl looked at him. "Sorry I....its been a while" She admitted, laughing to herself. "Yeah, i know" Luke agreed, as he nodded. "We could sit downstairs if you'd prefer?" Luke asked her, smiling a little. "No, its fine. Im not...its fine" She nodded as she sat down on his bed. "So, what were you watching?" She asked. "Nothing in particular, just browsing" Luke sat beside her.

Cheryl took her coat off and sat it across the chair beside her at Luke's desk. "I could put a movie on?" Luke turned to her. "Hmm...any good ones?" She asked. Shrugging he smiled at her. "I could put on a christmas one" he offered. Cheryl gasped a little, as he knew christmas movies were her weakness during the holidays. "Home alone?" She smiled a little. Watching as Luke chuckled, he bit the side of his lip as he nodded. "Sure, i'll put all of them on. Have a marathon" He told her.

"Oh yay!" Cheryl sat back onto his bed. Luke laughed and joined her. "Are you sure i cant get you anything?" Luke asked. "Hmm, well...no im fine honestly. Ive just had hot chocolate and...." She made a face. "Do you feel okay?" He asked, sounding a little concerened. "Yeah i feel fine, just...a little full" She nodded. "Okay, well if you want anything...." Luke told her. "Yeah, thank you" Cheryl tapped his arm before turning to his T.V.

- 8:50pm -

"Well your mom has a way with words when she's talking!" Cheryl giggled as she walked back into Luke's room. "I got that...since you were only going to the bathroom" He chuckled. "Well your mom is awesome that way. She was just asking how i was and stuff..." She shrugged as she looked at him. "Yeah....she's like that" He sighed. "She'll be getting conversations done because she knows once you come in here....she's not getting in" Luke laughed a little.

"What does that supposed to mean?" Cheryl asked sitting down on his bed, and picking up some chips. "Nothing...just that she's not coming in" He laughed and joined her. "Oh, funny. Okay" Cheryl nodded as she ate some chips. She wiped her hands as she turned her head towards Luke's desk when something caught her eye. "Woah." She stood up. "What?" Luke followed her with his eyes.

She lifted book, and magazines from a pile and took a large book and lifted it. It was they're year book. "Oh yeah...I havent really read all of that" Luke chuckled. She flicked through the pages, and smiled at the memories. "Wow, look at the science club...choir...maths club...." She giggled. "Were you not in any...music group...or..." She trailed off as she got to a page. "What? Nope..." Luke chuckled.

"You werent in...clubs were you?" He asked. He turned to her as she didnt answer him. "Chez?" Luke asked. He got up and walked up behind her looking over her shoulder. "Ha...wow." Cheryl spoke, quietly. They both looked at the prom page. The senior class prom. A group picture of all of them. She spotted her and the girls. They were all dressed up, grins on their faces, as they stood in the arms of....the boys.

"You okay?" Luke asked as he rested his hand on her shoulder. "Why shouldnt i be?" Cheryl asked. "Im just asking...." Luke started. "No, well why shouldnt i be? Its just a picture! Its the past! Nothing to do with us anymore" She closed the book and sighed sitting it down. "Like...right?!" Cheryl turned to face Luke. "Doesnt concern us anymore. Im fine...." Cheryl began to get worked up a little. "Chez...." Luke tried to hold her arms. "Im fine...." She broke from his grip.

"Cheryl..." He pleaded and grabbed her. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her. "Im sorry." She told him. "What for?" He shook his head. "Being like this..." She sighed. "Ha, dont be stupid." He kissed her head. "I enjoyed prom. It was the best night ever" She told him. "Even afterwards?" He smirked a little. She bit her lip and nodded. "Yeah...that...was cool too" She blushes and listened to Luke chuckle. "You ass!" Cheryl laughed as she hugged him back.

"We keep on going down the same road." Cheryl sighed and looked at him. Nodding looked at her. "But im waiting for that different turn...." He admitted. "What?" Cheryl asked, a smile on her lips. "You heard me...." He smiled at her. He leaned down and left a soft peck on her lips. She smiled at him before kissing him back. They began to kiss more passionatley when Luke turned and pulled Cheryl towards him and his bed.

He sat her down, soon their shirts leaving their bodies. Was this the right decision to make? It felt right. Nothing was stopping them.