Chapter 7

I walked into school with a huge smile on my face. Nikole bumped me with her hip. "Okay, what's up with you? "she asked.

I shrugged. "Nothing, I mean life is up, "I replied.

Nikole laughed. "You like my cousin, "She chanted over and over.

I rolled my eyes and then my nerves started acting up which only meant Kaleb was by me then I felt an arm snake around my waist and pull me towards a body.

I took a deep shaky breath and looked up at Nikole who had a smirk on her face.

"Hello beautiful, "Kaleb whispered in my ear then let go of me. I turned to face him, my smile widening.

"Hey, so it's Tuesday.. how far have you gotten in the book? "I asked.

He had since last Friday to start the book. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Book? "he asked sounding confused.

Really? He didn't even put in any kind of effort.

"Kaleb... "I trailed off and then he suddenly burst into laughter. What was funny?

"You should've seen your face. Seriously. I'm on Chapter 14, disputed. I have to admit it's getting pretty good by the way. I already read the slapping part, "He explained and laughed some more.

That was one of my favorite parts. "Ahhh man that was sooo -"

"Good, "We both said and laughed.

"Okay well I have to head off to literature. I'll see you around at lunch, "He said and gave me a really quick peck on the lips.

He rushed off to class and I stood there daze. It still wasn't a real kiss but it was a kiss nonetheless and every kiss he gave me left my senses and my entire body tingling.

"Come on,love, You look love struck and a whole bunch of other stuff, "Nikole said and grabbed my hand.

We trudged to our class and sat in our seat . It was sure to be a boring day until our chem teacher assigned us a lab and a partner and mine happen to be Nikole. We went to our lab station and just sat down.

Our teacher was extremely laid back and probably didn't even care if we did the work or not.

"Okay you haven't really told me about this friendly get together. Spill the beans, "Nikole urged.

"Well..."I started. "Kaleb and Tori broke up as you know and he told me about Dublin and his family -"

"Wait even his dad?"Nikole asked surprised.

"Sort of, he touched the subject but didn't really elaborate ya know. Why?"I replied curious.

"That's a extremely touchy subject. Mason O'Connor is an arse in other words he's a typical male. Auntie was madly in love with the guy, high school sweethearts. Aunt found out she was pregnant at seventeen, Mason dodged responsibility and ran off with some girl.My mother being the older sibiling help her and then a month later after Kaleb was born I waa born. Weird huh? "she explained.

"Okay since You guys are Irish shouldn't you have an Irish last name, I mean Cason doesn't sound all do Irish, "I replied.

"My grandpa is American, Jeffery Cason, Our mums never married so they didn't take on an Irish nane,"Nikole continued.

I sympathized with them. I sighed and decided to change the subject.

"You know what we should have a dinner with our mother's, "I suggested.

She smiled. "Sure mate that'll be awesome,"she smiled.

***

By lunch I was exhausted but I got up and trotted to lunch. I passed Kaleb's table, no Kaleb.

I looked around for him. I wonder where he was. "He's in the courtyard, "Nikole said with a smile.

I nodded grabbing my lunch and went out to the courtyard. He was underneath a tree with his Tablet. I smiled and made my way towards him.

He was actually reading right now. An ham and cheese sandwhich im his hands and a pair of reading glasses on. Those glasses added to the hotness. I mean who knew he wore glasses

"Hey,I didn't know you wore glasses, "I spoke causing him to look up.

"I don't on a daily basis but I. have reading glasses if I try to read on this thing without them I'd be a sitting duck, "he admitted. He held his arms out and I bent to give him an hug but he pulled me into his lap. "I like this. "

"Kaleb what are you doing? " I asked.

"Getting comfortable, mmm you smell like honey and vanilla, "he breathed pressing his nose into my side.

"Are you trying to cop a feel? " I teased.

He began to grin. "If I was I'd probably do this, "he said then he gropped my behind. I squeaked silently and jumped a little.

He chuckled satisfied with himself.

"I'm getting up like... now, "I replied.

"Come on, I promise I'll quit. I like you sitting in my lap, "he admitted.

"Why? " I asked.

"Because it just feels right... it's different. "

I smiled and then he turned back to his tablet. I looked at the screen. He had made it to Chapter 27:Undecided.

He was just reading with me on his lap this felt so weird, I mean not the on the lap thing but the on the lap while he was reading thing.

I started to stand up but he just gripped the arm around my waist tighter around my waist.

"Uh where are you going love? " he asked looking up at me with those beautiful eyes.

"I have to eat lunch and I'm not going to do it sitting on your lap, "I explained.

He smiled and then let me stand. I sat beside him and he draped an arm around my shoulders and continued to read.

I took out my pasta salad my mom had made for dinner and began to eat.

"Can I have some? I'll give you a piece of my white chocolate Hershey bar, "he offered.

I shrugged and took some of my pasta and fed it to him. He ate it then looked at me while chewing.

Okay...

He dug into his bag and brought out his butter finger and handed it to me. I smiled and took it but sat it aside. Throughout lunch he ate most of my lunch and I ate some of his.

I really liked this. It felt nice and we talked about the chapters of the Host he'd already read. He was really enjoying the book and that sort of made me happy.

I would hate it if he hated my favorite book in the world.

The bell rang to go back to class and he walked me to class. I was starting to like Kaleb more and more.

I walked into class and Tawny was looking at me. "You and Kaleb are a thing now?! "she exclaimed causing everyone in the class to look at us.

I rolled my eyes. "Tawny yell a little louder, I don't think Welding heard you. No we're not,"I said.

"That's not what I saw and heard missy. Casey, Nikole, Andrew and I all saw you on his lap and then y'all were sharing food, and germs might I add. Kaleb doesn't do that with girls. He whispers in their ears and stuff but sharing anything is off limits. You must be special."

"Thats getting so repetitive, I am not special okay. I wish everyone would just stop saying that seriously, "I grunted.

Tawny shrugged. "Whatever you want to believe to get you through the night but I just think he likes you alot. Maybe you'll be the one to change him."

Everyone had so much hope that I could change him. Why me?

***

A/N:Suprised to see me? You should be because I really should be studying for my national French exam... ugh but I'm not... so I KNOW you love me for updating instead. Vote, Comment and Fan