"I'm... sorry... but I'm going to have to... decline..." I finally managed to utter out despite my entire body trembling in fear, and my voice rose up and down in random octaves. Although it sounded almost inaudible, I had gotten my point across seeing how the team instantly rejoiced.

Unfortunately, it was short-lived. "Oh no I wasn't asking, I was telling."

Everyone went silent and with that single statement, it didn't take long for the entire rink to erupt in chaos.

"Coach please think this through!"

"Why him?! Can't we just drag James back?!"

"Not that asshole!"

Their complaints came to one ear and out the other, my full attention was on coach as anger and bewilderment gradually surfaced through.

I didn't even notice my headache was gone.

"Coach, I really am not cut out for this! Please reconsider-"

She cleared her throat, silencing everyone. "My decision is final. No amount of complaining will change my mind, so it's best to keep your mouth shut if you don't like running for 20 laps again."

She shot me a glare. "And you, didn't you say you're trying to make amends? If you meant what you said, then do as I say, don't cause any more trouble for the team."

I stood still basking in the uncomfortable silence, being utterly speechless and humiliated.

Not only does this risk my life,

I'll also be at risk of being humiliated when I know two shits about hockey!

"I assume you're all done with warmups, now get on the ice. We'll be focusing on defense today."

In desperate hopes to change her mind, I spoke in a somber voice, "Coach... I- I'm still not feeling well... You see I just recently got off from the hospital-"

"Get on the ice, Adler. I'll see for myself whether you're bullshitting or not." She commanded sternly, not sparing me another glance as she walked off to the other members.

As she turned her back, I intensely glared at her, constraining myself in flipping her off. With a huff, I clenched my fists and headed onto the rink.

With one hand on the fence and a foot on the ice, I let out a deep breath as I prepared putting another foot in before inevitably falling face first onto the hard ice.

I may have inherited the entirety of Chris' memory and every knowledge he possessed, but that's all it is, it doesn't go further than that. It's like knowing everything there is to driving but never actually driven before.

And the fact I couldn't instantly access Chris' memory since they weren't mine to begin with, it wouldn't be ideal to stand still thinking while a person charged full speed towards me. It would be the same as reading a manual and driving at the same time.

My grip on the fence tightened at each inch my foot gets closer with the ice. Holding my breath, I slowly stepped in, my whole body no longer in the safer non slippery concrete floor, I was now in the unfamiliar environment of ice.

My feet were on the ice but my body was leaning on the fence, refusing to let go. Breathing in and out, I shut my eyes tight as I slip each finger one by one.

Just then, the sound of scraping ice was heading towards me. "Hey, you okay?" I didn't have to turn my back to know who the voice belonged to, memories from last night were still too fresh to forget his voice.

I remained attached to the fence knowing full well it was Archer. "Yes." I simply said, eyes closed and hands glued to the rail. I could hear him glide to my side. Bumping into the border, I flinched at the sudden vibration. I hugged the fence for dear life, refusing to get another concussion.