Chapter 15 - I'm sorry!

Same night..
Ratna's room..

Arnav had his head rested on Ratna's lap, who was ruffling his hair while he narrated everything that happened between him and Khushi.

"But what's wrong with you, Chote? When Khushi asked you to take her out to watch a movie, it wasn't her crossing her limits. She was doing what exactly you've been working for. She is trying to open up herself to you."

"I know, Ma.. believe me, I was so happy about this, too. I even shared this with Aman, and this was also the reason I cancelled my plans with Aman," he sighed, "I don't know what happened to me.. I was upset that Khushi thought I would take advantage of that situation to get closer to her in my sleeping state. But after talking to her, I realised that she wasn't thinking like that of me.. in fact, it was more about her than me.. she gets uncomfortable whenever a man comes close to her. Heat of the moment mein.. pata nahi kya kya bol diya maine (I don't know what I end up saying in the heat of the moment.)"

"If you had handled this situation delicately and calmly, then it wouldn't have escalated like this," Ratna said in scolding tone, but she was also feeling sad for him and Khushi.

Arnav nodded, looking down guiltily.

"You need to apologise to her," Ratna said.

"I will, Ma," he sat straight and stared at her pleadingly, "Can I ask you to do something for me now?"

Ratna nodded her head, "Of course.. anything you want, Chote. Do you want to sleep here with me? Do you want to eat something? Say it."

Arnav shook his head, "No, not that. Can you please stay with Khushi this night? Be with her, make her stop crying, and put her to sleep. I know she must be crying now, and I don't want her to get sick because of me."

Ratna agreed, "Okay." She looked at her son right into his eyes, and she could see the guilt he was feeling wouldn't let him sleep tonight as well.

Before leaving for Khushi's room, she dropped a kiss on his forehead and caressed his hair, "Don't be like this Chote

Before leaving for Khushi's room, she dropped a kiss on his forehead and caressed his hair, "Don't be like this Chote. Sab kuch thik ho jayega (everything will be fine)."

*****************************************

Khushi's room..

When Ratna walked in Khushi's room and sat on her bed, she could see Khushi trying hard to hide the tears in her eyes and acting composed.

"Ratna aunty aap ko kuch chahiye? (Do you want anything?)" Khushi asked, forcing a small smile on her face.

Ratna shook her head in no as she looked at Khushi intently, "Come here. Sit with me."

Khushi nodded obediently as she walked to sit beside Ratna on her bed. She lowered her eyes, fidgeting her duppata nervously.

"Voh Chote told me what happened between you two.."