Chapter 8 - Ji Huzoor!

Next day

Nani walked towards the boys room with a slight frown adorning her face, she knocked the door loudly knowing very well how her grandsons sleep like boulders that stay still if you don't apply much force to make it move, "Choteee.. Chikuuu... arey bhai.. uth jao (wake up)"

After an eternity, the door opened to a sleepy Arnav standing in front of her, rubbing one of his eyes lazily and frowning for being disturbed while sleeping, "Ji Huzoor! (Yes, my lord)."

The sarcasm laced in her grandson's tone made her shift her offended eyes from Ayan, who covered his face with a pillow as an attempt to ignore her calling them and continued to sleep to Arnav, who stood there lazily waiting to hear what she had to say, she shook her head in disbelief before reminding herself what she came here for, "We're running out of cooking oil at home. Wash your face and freshen up quickly and get us one bottle of oil at the nearest shop open."

"And why didn't you ask Akash bhai to go out and buy cooking oil Nani? He's also at home today and has no work.." Arnav asked in a complaining tone. 

Nani widened her eyes as if not believing what she just heard, "Arey bhai.. your brother is a doctor, he works day and night in hospital for his patients.. does it look good to disturb him on his free day?"

"Haan, main toh nahi kuch nahi karta hoon, haina? (Yes, I don't do anything, right?)" Arnav smiled sarcastically hiding his irritation over his Nani's words, "I stay here and wander around the house everyday with no work to do, that guy who leaves everyday for his job is actually my ghost.. kyun ki I'm toh always free here! Tuada kutta tommy, sada kutta kutta!"

Nani sighed deeply, "Thik hai.. Let's do one thing, I'll go out myself and buy cooking oil and then come back to cook for breakfast for everyone!"

"Bol toh aisi rahi ho jaise sach mein jaogi (You're talking as if you will indeed go).. emotional blackmailing doesn't suit you Nani," he walked back to his room to get his clothes and quickly freshen up with a sullen mood. 

"These kids nowadays don't respect their elders.." Nani shook her head walking back to the kitchen to complain about Arnav to his mother. 

****************************************************

"Ab bas bhi karo Ma.. yesterday he had to listen taunts of his Mami and now you're also starting same topic.." Ratna expressed her irritation over the same matter being brought up again to her by her mother, it wasn't enough that her sister-in-law spoke bad about her son, now her mother too started to speak as if her son is the most ill mannered boy in this planet. 

"Arey.. You're talking as if I'm his enemy.. I'm just saying you need to teach him how to respect and obey his elders like Manorama taught to Akash bitwa, look at how Akash bitwa talks with everyone politely and respectfully and look at Chote and Chiku, they are always retorting everything asked to them," Nani explained as she felt as if her daughter was accusing her of not liking her grandsons which wasn't true. She loves the four of them a lot. 

Khushi was grinding cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick with the help of a spice grinder to make masala chai for breakfast when she heard Nani speaking about Arnav. She frowned slightly with a pouting sulky expression on her face as the voice of her mind completely disagreed with whatever Nani spoke about him, "Arnav ji toh bilkul aise nahi hai.. voh toh har kisi ki kamoshi bhi sun leta hai.. haan thoda sa naughty aur short tempered hai, par bohot accha insaan hai.. aur cute bhi hai (Arnav ji is not like that.. he's someone who even hears everyone's silence.. yes, he's a little naughty and short tempered too, but he's a very good person.. and he's cute too.)"