Chapter 1 - First Interaction

🌠First Semester🌠

One week later..

First day of College was enough to make someone hell nervous and excited at the same time. Khushi was going through the same feeling these days, she just couldn't stop thinking about her college, if she would be able to make good friends or not, if she would be the best student or not, if her professors would be strict or not, if she would like her classroom or not, if she would be bullied by the seniors. Many thoughts about her college life were running on her mind from past one week, but she didn't have anyone to share her feelings and thoughts with, as it's just been a week she moved in Raizada family apartment, she's still not close to anyone to the extent of talking comfortably and openly with them about her feelings. She still feels very shy and timid around them, and only reply by nodding or shaking her head or by few words. She's very conscious about what she does in front of them and always behaves composed and politely with them.

Keeping these thoughts aside, she looked at her phone to check the time for the umpteenth time, laid on her bed. It showed 3:50 am on her phone screen, too early to get ready for college but she wasn't able to sleep anymore. Sighing to herself, she pulled the blanket away and stood up from her bed, wearing her slippers she headed to bathroom.

************************************************************************

Khushi walked out of her room at 4:30 am, dressed in a plain white and red salwar kameez and wet hair left open.

She made her way towards the small temple in the house and after a quick prayer, she went towards the kitchen and got startled by Arnav and Nani's presence at the kitchen.

"Khushi bitiya you're ready to go to college already!" Nani exclaimed, blinking her eyes in disbelief, "It's so early bitiya.. You still have sometime to rest."

Khushi smiled embarrassedly, fidgeting her fingers, as she stood timidly at the entrance of the kitchen.

Arnav had his gaze fixed on her while he gulped down the water from his glass. Once he finished drinking, he wiped the corner of his lips with his fingers and replied to Nani, "It's first day na.. that's why she's excited and nervous.. once she gets used to college life, she'll start bunking classes to sleep."

Nani giggled in response, but Khushi frowned slightly offended. Perhaps, he doesn't know that her studies are very important for her, as it's the only way she has to achieve her dreams of becoming an engineer. So, the thought of bunking are never going to wander in her mind. 

"Come here bitiya.. Why are you standing far?" Nani called her smiling politely.

Khushi too returned the smile and walked towards them.

"You know my Chote was such a lazy student during his college times. He would never touch his books, but as soon as his exams date neared, he would stay locked in his room and study whole night and next day, would go fully confident on himself and write his exams. He was his college topper, you know.. No one could believe it.." Nani said proudly of her grandson, she caressed Arnav's hair smiling to him.

Khushi stare at him, but as soon as his eyes met hers, she looked down again.

"We expect you to be even more intelligent than him, but please hard working like Akash bitwa.. Chote and Chiku are such lazy boys!" Nani said with complaining tone.

"It would be a miracle if you praised me without adding a complaint about me," Arnav smiled sarcastically to his Nani. 

Nani slapped his arm in return, then shifted her attention to Khushi, "Are you hungry bitiya?"