"If God wished to sentence me to eternal damnation than the least he could do is keep me away from Arno." Hans thought to himself.

*MEOW!

"ARGH! OSKAR! That's my leg!" Hans shouted.

The cat couldn't leave him alone, and was CONSTANTLY begging for attention.

Or at least Hans thought that, he never owned a cat before.

As a result of his lack of attention however, he ended up climbing up Hans's poor leg on more than one occasion.

"Can you chase something?" Hans asked.

Oskar just sat down right next to him in a very polite manner, observing what Hans was doing.

That being scrubbing burn marks from the recent siren scuffles with a brush, or when that brush got filthy from soot, a rag.

Other sailors were luckier, in that they only had to simply stand guard as the refugees slowly got off the ship.

Some kids were crying, along with the un-synchronized sound of footsteps across the deck,

Just how many made it aboard the ship before they escaped?

After they piled out from the superstructure, they were taken onto small ferries, and taken ashore.

(One of the small ferry boats, in comparison to the hull) ⬆️

Naturally, the small amount of deck space between the superstructure and the small catwalk to the tiny little ferry boats, meant that there was a massive bottleneck of refugees gathering on the deck in this slow an egregious process.

The docks were built far too small to accommodate a vessel of this size, so this was the only practical method to get things on and off the ship.

Other than that, the deck was basically clean of anyone but sailors trying to do their routine work around the ship, working as normal

And Hans, and some others, are still on cleanup duty.

By now, Hans had gone down towards the deck, and was cleaning the soot lined barrels, which is is no easy task.

Hans bent down onto his knees, and Oskar began to play with the ribbon on his sailor cap,

"Who left their watch down here?" Hans said.